Chapter Forty-Seven: Wrong Witch

There's a woman in the car with Zuriel... Who is it? Why does he have a woman with him? A human woman to be exact.

What the hell is this shit?

I approach the car cautiously while reaching my hand forward towards the handle to the passenger door. When my fingers curl and lift the handle up and pull the door open, Zuriel is immediately out with incredible speed and slams me against the car. His hands are holding me down by my shoulders.

The woman inside the car lets out a yelp in surprise, and I feel the car shift and move inside as she moves to the passenger seat and peeks her head out to see what's going on.

From my peripheral vision, I can see that the woman has a shade darker than dirty blonde hair and big hazel eyes with pale skin. That's all I really get to see.

"Who the fuck are you?" Zuriel growls as he looks down at me.

My eyes widen as I look at how big he's grown. He's probably nearing seven feet tall now. It won't be long, and his hair has grown quite a bit too. It hangs around his shoulders, wild and untamed. His eyes are different... They are no longer two different eye colors anymore. They're both black and bloodshot with hunger. The sunlight seems to make his eyes more bloodshot by the second.

He no longer looks as angry as when I first met him. He actually looks better, but he's more dangerous looking. His edge is growing sharper by the minute. There's no stopping his growth, and that seems to make him addictive. Everyone always tensed up when Zuriel's name was mentioned. He's a legend. Nothing more than a hybrid that rose to the top and is now more powerful than any creature in the world.

He could have the everything bowing to his whim, but that attitude seems to be long gone now. He seems to have gotten wise since the last time I've seen him. The reason why I think that is because he looks older in a way. Plus, he has this human woman with him.

"It's me... It's me Tegan," I tell him quietly as I look up at him through my new, stronger eyes.

His eyes widen slightly as he studies me for a moment, but he seems to believe me after he sniffs the air, pauses, then nods slightly.

"Your scent is a little different..." he trails off as his grip loosens. "What happened?"

"Let's get in the car," I suggest. "The sun isn't doing your eyes any favors."

He nods in agreement, and we both get in the car. I sit in the back seat since the human woman is sitting in the passenger seat. We remain parking as I try to tell everything as quickly as I could since Helios is on his way. I tell him everything about what happened with meeting Helios and stealing Dracula's ashes by accident. Then when I reach the topic of Sebastian, Zuriel speaks up.

"Sebastian was a ghost that attached himself to you?" he asks curiously as he looks back at me.

"Yes..." I answer. "His father drowned him because of how violent he was acting."

Zuriel's eyes narrow slightly as his lips thin slightly. "What else happened?"

I tell him about how I kicked his ghost out of me, and now Helios wants to kill me because he thinks that I killed his best friend, Nix.

He sighs slightly. "So this hybrid Helios wants to kill you because he thinks you killed his human friend, but it was really Sebastian because he possessed you..." he mutters. "More bullshit drama. Kids really need to stop assuming shit. That's what got me into all the shit I'm in now."