Chapter Forty-Eight: The Dead Man

ZURIEL

I put Helios in the backseat with Tegan. I'm sure she will be fine with him back there; he's not stupid. He won't try anything with me around. Ari sits quietly in the passenger seat looking out of the window.

A frown forms on my lips as I take my eyes off the road for a second to look at her. "Are you okay?" I ask her.

She looks over at me just before I look back at the highway. "I didn't know you were that strong," she says quietly. "Tearing down a building is one thing... Vampires can do that too, but a wendigo hybrid?"

I let out a snort. "It can't be that much of a shock."

After some time, Helios groans, and when he sits up, he's back to his normal pretty self.

I say that because he looks like me.

"Hey, nephew," I tell him with a big grin. "Welcome to the family. Update me on some shit that's happened. How's Angser after you threatened to kill him? What about Jacqueline and all the other bitches that I don't like?"

I feel Helios's eyes on me as I drive.

"Jacqueline is dead," he croaks. "Radu killed her."

My eyes widen in shock at the news. Jacqueline is dead? I wanted to fucking kill her ass...

The only thing I really regret is eating her pussy.

I let out a quiet laugh. "Well, that's great. That really is. One last person off my kill list. That makes me really happy."

"For real..." Tegan mutters. "She was a bitch."

"She was always like that... I guess she never really changed even after the tables turned on her," I mutter with a frown. I guess she never really changed.

For a moment, I find myself thinking about how I was when I first met her... I was so innocent. I thought I wasn't at the time, but compared to how I am now, I'm really no longer innocent. Back then, I was still trying to do the right thing. I was still very much moral, but now it's just... The line that stands in between right and wrong is blurred, and it's hard to tell the difference now because of how messed up everything is now.

I really thought Jacqueline was the worse thing out there, but she isn't. Calico is not even the worst thing out there, but it's just the fact that she's immortal is what makes her so fucking annoying.

It's time to end it. We have to end this shit.

We finally make it to New York City by sunrise. Ari had fallen asleep, and Tegan was telling Helios what all happened to her when Sebastian possessed her. She explained how she saw his life and how he was killed by his seemingly normal father.

I won't tell her anything about Bastiaan being Sebastian's father. I'm not telling anyone about Bastiaan... He wants to remain alone, and he doesn't want anyone coming after him. He's been through enough shit, and he doesn't want to get involved with vamps at all anymore even though he is the famous Van Helsing.

RADU

"Let me go," Angser growls angrily. The son of Dracula... He's another spawn of Dracula. He's disgusting just like his sister and his father.

The only reason why I haven't killed him yet is because he doesn't like his father either, and I want to know why.

"By now, I vampire would have already show off his fangs to show their ferocity," I tell him with a smile as I sit in a chair with a smile on my face. I found him in a garage, and I've just decided to keep him here. I was looking for Helios, but instead, I found this little vampire instead.