Chapter Fifty: Schizophrenic Vampire

DRACULA

I glare at Zuriel from the other side of the room as he speaks with Angser so condescending... He acts like everything is just peachy and normal between the two of them. I know damn well what happened between the two of them. I never knew Zuriel would rise to be this powerful. I should have made sure the bastard was dead, but I knocked his head off. That should be enough to kill any creature.

Then I look over at Angser with disgust. He's just completely disgusting, and I can't believe Mina ever gave birth to something like him. Wretched, disgusting, and something I do not want any part of anymore.

My eyes shift over to Helios now. Silas... He was my only hope for this family. Jacqueline betrayed me, and I thought she was the best thing ever... Yet, she disobeyed and betrayed me. I thought Silas would be the one to make me proud like Jacqueline has done, but my family is filled with crazed morons who only want to fuck and breed distasteful hybrids. Hybrids like Helios and Zuriel shouldn't be allowed to live.

I can't believe my family has done this to me. I can't believe this anymore. I'm all alone. I had Mina... Mina was the only one who understood why I am the way I am. She was the only one who understood why mixing breeds is so horrible.

"I didn't understand you."

My body tenses up when I hear that bitter yet familiar voice.

Mina?

"I didn't understand a damn thing about you. You corrupted our children. You made Angser kill me. You made them the way they are today."

I look around to see if anyone was hearing this voice... Mina's voice is talking to me, but no one seems to pay attention. Zuriel is still talking to Helios about self-control, that human girl is talking to Angser, and that hybrid bitch Tegan is joining in on the conversation.

They act like everything is normal and that there's not a care in the world.

"Close your eyes."

Anxiety. I never thought I would feel something that human again, but I feel it. There's only one person who was able to give me such a human emotion.

My eyes close slowly out of fear, but in my head, I hope that closing my eyes will make the stress and anxiety go away. I mostly just want this fear to go away.

Mina... Why am I hearing her now? I've heard many voices, but hers isn't one that I've heard in my head.

"You're not the king of vampires anymore."

My eyes snap open, and I see that everyone in the room is gone. There's just a woman standing in a loose-fitting black dress with her back to me. She has kinky, curly dark brown hair hanging past her waist. The black dress is so long that it drags the floor. The ends are ripped and worn out from being dragged, and it's got loose, see-through long sleeves.

I recognize this woman. I recognize her all too well, but she has no scent even though she's standing right here before me.

She turns around slowly with her blood red eyes looking straight at me. Her red eyes have always been a strange shade like Angser's. It's a milky red but much brighter.

I'm stunned yet I still manage to speak. "Mina?"

Her blank expression doesn't change. My wife... She looks like a goddess. No, she is a goddess. Her porcelain skin is perfect, and there's not a single scar on her motherly face. Her dark her frames around her oval face. Her lips are full and naturally a light red tone. She's just as perfect as I remember her.