Chapter Twenty-Four: More Mistakes

"So your mom... Has she not come...to see you?" I ask her. 

Leah shrugs. "No... Never. But never mind me... You're a hybrid, Gadriel," she says in surprise. "That really does explain a lot with your eyes." 

"I don't feel like a hybrid. I feel human. My eyes are kinda sensitive to the sun, which is another reason why I wear sunglasses. I don't know... I seem to turn into a PMSing bitch around a full moon." 

Leah laughs. "That explains the vampire part, and the red in your eyes and the sun. The moon thing says a lot about the werewolf." 

I nod in agreement. "I don't know... Let's think about this in the morning... I'm tired." 

She nods as she gets off the couch. "All right then... Goodnight." 

After Leah gets to bed and all the lights are turned off, I lie back on the couch and close my eyes. 

"Mama," I whine in my ten-year-old voice. "I don't wanna do this. I don't like it." 

Mama smiles as she sits across from me, naked on my bed. "It'll be alright, Gadriel. Just do this for mommy. All you have to do is rub it. It'll feel good." 

I look around as this weird feeling builds inside me, telling me that this isn't right. Something was telling me that this isn't what Mama should be doing. Mama glares at me threateningly so I clumsily pull off my underwear then sit in front of Mama also completely naked. 

She smiles proudly, but I look down in shame, not feeling right about this at all. 

"Now all you have to do is rub it, Gadriel. You'll make mommy really proud if you do it for me." 

My face pales as I place my hand over my wee-wee. 

Immediately, I begin to cry. 

"I can't do it, Mama! This ain't right!" I cry as I shake my head and try to move away from her, scared out of my young mind. 

Mama's face pales with rage as she glares at me. "All you have to do is rub. Let mommy watch. That's all you have to do. Why can't you follow simple instructions? It's no wonder that you're falling behind in school. It's no wonder that you're a disappointment to me that you can't even do one simple goddamn thing." 

Tears spill down my face as I try again, but it just didn't feel right. No matter how slow or fast I rubbed, nothing happened. I don't know or understand what she was expecting from this. I just keep crying and crying. 

Finally, Mama had enough and slapped me so hard blood started dripping from the corner of my mouth and down my chin. 

The she pinned me on the bed...and she started rubbing me down there...but not with her hand... 

Her mouth. 

My eyes open slowly only to see that it's starting to lighten up a bit in the living room. It's still dark, but it looks like it's probably around three or four in the morning. When I try to sit up to look at the time, I fall back on the couch with my hands over my face in shame. 

Horrible memory... Horrible, horrible memory. 

My teeth lock together as I close my eyes tightly while shaking my head. That wasn't right... I always knew it wasn't right what Jane did to me. 

But it got really bad when the dogs got involved.

Sweat forms on my forehead as I try to forget the memory and forget about the dream. I really want to blame the vampire, Silas. While he was telling all of that stuff, all I was thinking was that I could have done something. I seriously had the strength to do something, but I didn't.