Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

ALEXIA’S POV ~

I make a right turn into the local grocery store with a big smile on my face. Jordan really seems to bring out my fun side. I kind of like it and I find myself getting excited about our date in two days. Originally, I put it the whole date-thingy in the back of mind, because I tend to stress out and overthink things. That in turn leads me to cancelling, hence why I am alone today. That’s the difference between Jordan and the other possible suitors. I don’t want to cancel. He’s nice, built, gorgeous, and a gentleman. What more could a girl ask for?

I park, grab a basket, wipe off the handle, and head to the produce isle. I pick out my favorite Pink Lady apples, grapes, oranges, broccoli, and spinach. I figure it may be time to start getting into shape. After these last few days of seeing all these physically fit and beautiful people, I figure it’s time I join them. I already know what my problem is. I get too busy and don’t eat until I’m so famished I turn into a monster and eat everything in sight. Hopefully, I can start planning meals or something. I mean I have to start somewhere.

As I start heading towards the next isle in search of granola bars, I meet the intense stare of a decent looking guy. I mean he is kind of handsome. His blonde hair and blue eyes just are not my type. I turn around and look behind me, to see if it really is me that he is looking at. Since no one is around, I deduce that he is indeed staring me down. When my eyes turn back around to meet his, his stare turns into a full glare and his fist clench. What is up with this guy? I try and figure out if I know him from somewhere, but nothing rings a bell. I decide to try the nice approach.

“Hi. Do I know you?” I say with a timid smile and a small wave.

Before he can say anything his phone alerts him to a message. He looks at it and smiles. Once his eyes reach mine again, they go cold. He huffs before turning around and walking away. Okay, that was awkward. Maybe he was just having a bad day. Or maybe I reminded of someone he hates. Or maybe he was an alien from outer space sent here to glare at me while I’m shopping for cereal bars. He could be a top secret agent and I foiled his master plan by walking down this exact isle at this exact time. I start making up more scenarios that continue to get more ridiculous, trying to find the reason for the weird encounter. Whatever the cause of the glare down, I decide to not let it ruin my day and choose to just leave the situation there in the isle. I finish my grocery shopping and head home to put everything away.

Soon as I start putting away the last of the items I get a text message.

Jordan: So, how is your day off going?

Me: Pretty good so far. How are you coping with work, considering your “injury”?

Jordan: I think I’m going to make it. It’s touch and go right now. I may need you to tend to my wounds, Nurse ;)

Is he flirting with me? I think to myself while I debate how to reply. That is a winky face right? And winky faces can be used for flirting. I get the mental picture of him winking at me with a sexy grin on his face. Whoa! Okay, let’s not overthink things. Just go with the flow for once. I coax myself before replying.

Me: If you’re lucky ;)

Jordan: You agreed to our date, so yea I’m feelin’ real lucky…

Awwww, how sweet? Maybe I should tell him. Wait, guys don’t like to be called sweet. Chill out, Alexia!

Me: Since you put it that way. I guess I can assess the damages lol. BTW what are the plans for Friday?

Jordan: You can assess all and anything you want to :). And it’s a surprise, just meet me at the café by 6. We’ll head to the destination from there.