Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

ALEXIA'S POV

 I got pocket,
Got a pocket full of sunshine
I've got a love and I know that it's all mine
oh,oh,oh

Wish that you could,
but you ain't gonna own me
do anything you can to control me
oh,oh,oh

I roll over in this huge bed, and solve the little puzzle in order to silence my phone. Don't judge me on my morning song. Natasha Beddingfield had me in mind when she was writing these lyrics. So it is my duty to wake up to it every morning as a thank you to her. 

I look around the ginormous room in all of its’ splendor. The room is varying shades of yellows, golds, and creams. Colors that scream both calm and happy. The sunshine streaming in through the three huge bay windows. One of the windows is open, letting the wind gently blow the cream curtains. Past the balcony, I can view the lake, glistening in the sunlight. It feels like a dream really. In all honesty, this just seems too good to be true.

Wait...Where am I? If I’ve been kidnapped, they sure know how to treat their guest.

O that's right. Every morning for the past week I have been disoriented when I wake up. Having forgotten, I don't live at my home anymore but with the Deveriouxs. This is not a dream, but real life. Thank heavens I haven’t been kidnapped. That would’ve sucked.

I lay back on the plush white pillows, on the verge of going back to sleep. I do my morning stretches and yawn. Uck, morning breath. I feel good and refreshed. Talk about the best sleep of my life. I'm going to have to ask if I can keep these pillows when I return home.

 What time is it?

10:00am reads the cream and gold clock, that's located on the bedside table. 

Crap!!!!! Crap!!!!! Crap!!!!

I'm so friggin late. And I don't do late. Panicked I try to untangle myself from the heavy comforters.

Ouch!!!

I've fallen face first onto the dark wooded floor. Thank you covers! Thank you ground, for making this morning sooooo delightful. I recover as gracefully as I can and dash to the en suite bathroom.

I look a sight. Flush face, hair all over the place, redden forehead compliments of the ground.

I jump into the routine I use when I'm on-call at the hospital. Brush teeth, shower, wash face, ponytail, lotion, eyeliner, and lipstick. I go back into the room to check the time. Beat my previous record. Down to nine minutes. Sweet!

Knock. Knock.

"Ms. Miller? May we come in?" asks one of the house maids.

"Come in," I reply. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Still naked. Well not completely naked, I have a towel on. I rush towards the door in an attempt to stop it from opening and slip. What a great morning? Right? Guess I should have dried off a bit more. I also probably should have just voiced that I needed a minute, instead of running like a half-naked crazy person. I think all of this as the door creaks open, revealing a very surprised white man and the maid Betsy.

I guess the only upside to this is that I was coherent enough, after my fall to keep a strong grip on the towel. However, I am now lying on the floor. In only my towel. In front of a man that I've never met before. Talk about great first impressions.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Miller this is Mr. Bradley Turner. He is one of Mr. Deverioux business partner. He would like to speak with you." Betsy quickly replies and hastens out of the room, shutting the door behind her. Thanks for leaving me with mister wandering eyes here, Betsy.