Chapter 24

RECAP~

Just as we are about to eat dessert, Adrian whispers loudly in my ear, “Ummm he has really big arm thingys…” as he points at teddy. He’s loud enough that everyone at the table can hear. My parents, Ellie, and Mark all burst out laughing.

“He’s got that right,” Ellie chuckles.

“Yes those are called muscles. And remember I said it’s not nice to point, I scold him.

“Yes Auntie. But they’re so big,” he replies again, gesturing with his hands just how big they are. Jordan laughs even harder.

“Yea I guess so. He needs big muscles so he can fight off bad guys,” I explain.

“O so he’s like Captain ‘Merica?” his eyes widen as he reexamines Jordan, eyes full of admiration.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket, so I stop laughing to pick it up.

“Hello.”

“Alexia,” Amber, a fellow nurse sniffles, “There’s something’s happened. We need you to come into the hospital immediately!”

CHAPTER 24

ALEXIA'S POV

"Hey Amber! Is everythi-" I rush to her side, as she is quietly sobbing. Jordan trailing behind me.

"And YOU SHOULD BE FIRED!" Jade screams at me from the top of her lungs. I wisk around to see her very angry frame barely being held back by Bradley. What are they even doing here? Something must've happened to Cameron.

"Get her under control. Before I have her removed permanently," I say quickly and sternly to Bradley. He nods and drags her to a waiting room and closes the door. 

"I'll be right back, Teddy," I lead him to a private office to chill out and take Amber to the ladies' room.

"What's going on?" I sit her down and soothingly rub her back as she calms down.

She's normally very chipper. Jade really must've been on a rampage for her to have such a huge effect.

"She's just so rude!" Amber dark brown eyes glare at the door as she whisper yells her frustration to me.

I chuckle, "Tell me about it."

Amber takes a few more deep breaths, "You know I can normally hold my own, but I just broke up with my boyfriend last night. So my emotions are already a little...then she comes in here all irrate. I just-"

"Hey....I already know. So why are they even here? Did something happen to Cameron?"

"O yea....apparently he fell out of his bed. Ironic thing is he didn't re-injure any of his other injuries. He actually sprained his healthy right wrist. Nothing to be really concerned about. But that Jade kept ranting and raving about our incompetence, how we were all such horrible nurses, that we were accountable...blah blah blah..." Amber wipes the rest of her tears and straightens her hair and makeup in the mirror.  

"Anyway he's in his old room. They're reassessing everything. From what I've heard he's doing better than expected, well excluding his new injury, if you could even really call it that. You've worked some magic on him," she lightly punches my arm as we both head out of the bathroom.