NEW ASSIGNMENT, SAME HELL

I wasn't going to update today but I realized what the next chapter is and got excited! So this is almost a filler but at the same time very important to the story. Enjoy!

*****************************

*Wednesday, September 9, 2009*

*One week later*

Eleanor's POV

Over the past week Louis and I have become pretty good friends. Although he still won't tell me why he always has bruises and such all over his body. He also refuses to tell me about his home life or let me visit his home. Honestly I'm a bit worried about him. I still haven't asked him about Hannah. I mean what do I say? "Hey Lou. Did you kill your ex-girlfriend?" I feel as though that with him it's a very touchy subject and that he'll tell me when he's ready and trusts me enough. He still follows me to Drama and is considered part of the class though he has yet to participate in any of the activities and still sits in the back. Right now I'm headed to Drama but I don't see him anywhere. Unfortunately we have no classes together apart from Drama. I've actually come to like Hall Cross Academy. But I always feel as though something is not right. I always see people picking on or hurting someone. I don't know if it's the same person or different everyday but I do know that I want nothing to do with it. I'm a shy person who avoids confrontation at all costs so I always just walk past it. I tried asking Louis about it one day but he just blanked out for a second then changed the subject.

Strange.

I decided I should make my way over to class before I'm late. He'll show up eventually or maybe he's already there. I walked over some kids hurting someone as usual and made my way to the auditorium just as the bell rang. I saw that I was pretty much the only here apart from Sarah whom I sometimes talk with. I made my way over to her. Just as I sat down everyone ran in at the same time.

Strange.

I looked around. Still no sign of Louis. Oh well.

"Okay students. I see that you all decided to come to class today. Let's start with some warm up exercises then I'll assign your project." Mr. Thomas announced making some groans escape.

So far in Drama all we've done is talk about the art of Drama, do some exercises in warm up, and act out old plays. So I'm actually kind glad to be getting a project.

************

After about fifteen minutes of the exercises Louis still wasn't here. I guess he decided to skip class? We finally finished the exercises then did a few lines from an old play. Just as we were finished up the back door opened and in walked Louis looking a mix of emotions including  stunned,  pained, angry, tired, weak, and hurt.  I motioned for him to join Sarah and I but as usual he sat in the back. As he walked to his chair I noticed that he was limping.  I hope he's okay. Maybe he just fell down the stairs?

"Well Mr. Tomlinson. Nice of you to join us." Mr. Thomas said causing a few whispers and snickers from the other students.

"S-sorry Sir...Won't happen a-again." Louis said in a weak voice from the back of the room.

"It better not." Mr. Thomas said nodding.

No punishment?! Lucky! Maybe since he never does anything in class anyways...

"Okay class so your project will be to, with a partner of your choice, write and preform an original song to the class."

Groans filled the room.

"It will be due in two weeks on September 23rd.  I want to see your vocal skills since we will be preforming a musical this year. Don't even ask what it is as it is to remain a secret until this project is finished. Any questions?"