REALIZATION

Stanley's POV

*September 2, 2009*

It's now been a week since I found Louis and he still hasn't awoken.  It's so hard to watch him like this. I still can't get  Eleanor to believe me about Lucas causing this. I talk to her every day.  I want to just stay with him twenty four seven but everyone's making me go to school. The doctors are saying that his state is greatly deteriorating. His survival chance has gone from a fifty percent chance to a twenty percent chance and the doctors don't know why. When he first came in they had said that he was barely alive and that we found him just in time. They assume that he had just passed out a minute before Lottie found him. This makes it even harder to watch. I mean he can go at any moment.

********************************

Eleanor's POV

*Same Day*

"Stop it Stanley! I know you're just trying to make Lucas look bad! I know Louis' not in hospital!" I yelled at Stanley.

He's still trying to convince me that Louis' sick. I know he's lying. Not so much about him being sick but about Lucas doing it. Lucas is sweet! He's changed! They just can't accept that!

"Yes he is! Why are you so hard headed?!" Stanley yelled back.

"I know that Lucas did nothing and that Louis' not in hospital! Don't you think he'd call me?!"

"I've told you already! He's in a coma!"

"No he isn't!"

"Then why do you think he hasn't been at school in a week?!" He retaliated.

"I-I..." I started but I felt someone grab my shoulders and saw Stanley scowl at someone behind me.

"Why don't you just leave her alone!?" I heard the lovely voice of my boyfriend yell at Stanley.

Stanley  just scowled again and turned around but not before saying one last thing.

"Fine! But you'll regret it when he's dead and you couldn't trust him or even say goodbye!" He yelled

That was like a knife to the chest. I knew they were lying but something made me suspicious when he made that remark. He seemed so serious and upset.

"Are you okay babe?" Lucas asked turning me around in his arms.

"Yeah." I whispered

He kissed me then we walked to class together.

******************************

*Same day*

*At home*

I got home after work today and did my homework. I then had some time after dinner and started thinking. Maybe Stanley's right. He looked so serious. I guess I should call Lucas.

I picked up my phone and pressed his name.

He picked up on the fourth ring.

"What?!" He snapped.

"Lucas?"

"Eleanor." He said a little calmer. "What's up?"

I heard some chatter in the background but ignored it.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah but is it quick? I'm a little busy." He said and I heard a moan.

Is he with a girl? Nah.

"Will you be completely honest?"

"Yeah sure." he replied sounding a bit rushed.

"No seriously. Do you swear?" I demanded.