14 | Infuriating

This chapter is written in THIRD PERSON!

❁❁❁

"Not gonna let you walk away,
Without sayin' you're sorry.
Without sayin' you're sorry,
But I'm not."

"ROBIN, ARE YOU coming?" Logan asked, slinging a towel over his shoulders. The foursome had originally planned to go to the school's swimming pool for an afternoon swim to cool themselves from the hot weather, but work had caught up with Robin and he was unable to go. His father's assistant had contacted him via email to inform him that he was needed to do an email-meeting with one of their company's newest shareholders. He could obviously call the meeting off and join his friends, but he just wasn't feeling up to it. The stress his parents were giving him was taking a toll on him and he didn't want to put a damper on his friends' good moods just because he was miserable. Robin looked at his friend and back to his computer.

"I'll pass," he replied nonchalantly.

"Dude, we closed the whole swimming pool just for us. Come on, live a little," Logan whined. Robin frowned slightly, and felt irritation creeping up his throat and onto his tongue.

"I have work," Robin snapped and immediately regretted it. He needed to control his emotions, he didn't want to lose any of his friends too. Robin sighed loudly, finally tearing his eyes away from the computer screen.

"I'm sorry, Logan. You know how my father gets. Go and enjoy yourself with Asher and Yuko."

"It's okay. If you need us, you know where we will be." Logan offered him a sympathetic smile before leaving the lounge, leaving Robin alone again.

Robin sighed and stared blankly at his computer screen. Sometimes he was jealous of how everyone else in the Academy seemed to be so care-free. The only thing they needed to worry about were their grades, while he was slaving away behind a computer screen. He knew his parents meant well, but his future wasn't everything. What was the point of a future if he had nothing good to look back upon?

Robin could only wish to relax a day or two, away from lengthy meetings and boring contracts. Even in London when he was supposed to relax and spend time with his friends, he was caught up with work instead. Work that, because of a certain brunette, he was unable to finish because she made him pick up that puppy. Granted, no one could've known that he'd be allergic to dog fur but...

Alexandra Knight knew just the right buttons to push and exactly how to get on his nerves. She was feisty, rude and seemed to make shoving her nose into other people's business a hobby.

God, she was infuriating.

Infuriatingly sexy, the voice in his head mocked.

Oh, shut up. I'm happy alone.

That has got to be the single most pathetic thing I've heard all week, the voice said.

"Why am I even fighting with myself?" Robin asked aloud. He shook his head and stared at his computer screen yet again. The words and numbers were drowning him, suffocating his mind. With a sigh, he shut the screen and stood up.

Maybe a walk will do me good.

He opened the heavy oak door and stepped out, only to see a familiar brunette standing in the middle of the hallway, looking very lost and confused.