Chapter Seven: Suspicion

Julian looked at his mother. Something was wrong, very wrong. His timid eyes took a second glance then rapidly looked away.  Cynthia was moving her food around with her fork, playing with it. 'Not even taking a bite,' he thought. 'She must know, must remember.'  

"Mother...." Julian paused.  Cynthia glanced up then went back to her game of food.  "Are you all right? You don't look well, you're not even eating." He waited for an answer and no answer came.  "Mother! Say something at least."

"I'm alright, it's just that cold going around. You know, I'm old. Easy to get sick." She said with venom. "I'm not a senile old lady. I'm just fine, and you don't need to be a Nosy Parker. "

"Mother I have a right to know, I'm your son. Is there any other reason I need to tell you?"

Cynthia looked at him, and sighed. "It's your damn father again. Want me to say more?"

"Yes, because just thinking about him wouldn't cause you to snap at me like you are."

"You won't laugh at me?" She said. He nodded. "I felt like I just saw him in his young days. I remember his face, I remember his hands so perfectly." Cynthia smiled. "It must have been the sweetest dream ever."

Julian thought hard. The man did say that she would always remember it in a way, like a dream. He shouldn't be worrying but he was.

"I'm going to the loo," he said getting up. He needed a break, even if it was only a few minutes.

"Okay son." Cynthia said.

Cynthia remembered. She remembered perfectly fine, just fine. She smiled and took a bite of her food.

                                                                               ********

Sean was with his own mother. They were in the limo, going home. He noticed nothing strange from his mother expect from the obvious. They were in that strange house, good thing he was smart. They were in his new friend's house, and she fainted. Simple. That was the story.

Yoko's eyes were teary. Not even her son could tell, with the shades on. She hated limos, and she still rode in them. Why? Because....there was really was no reason. With a few thoughts Yoko realized she liked the pain, she liked remembering. It hurt her so much, but it was worth it. Remembering his handsome face, remembering his damn stupid jokes. Yoko looked out the window and noticed the droplets of rain. Like her own tears now. 'Don't cry' she told herself.  Depression was starting in again. She would get through it.

Yoko was tough, she would get through it. Sean then smiled at her. Yoko would get through it because of him, and because of herself.