Chapter Three: The Time Machine

Author's note: Not the climax story point yet, this is where John see's the time machine.

The time machine looked rather rusty, as if it hadn’t been used awhile. John did notice that it did look futuristic, not the way he would expect though. It was quite different then some of supposedly futuristic movies he saw.  Underneath the rust, it had a look of gold, obviously it was not gold. It kind of reminded of a submarine in fact. Wires twisted and lead up to a platform, where a controls were that made a beeping sound, a countdown.

“So that’s it?” John always had to be rude kind of funny.

“Yes Johnny boy, that’s it.” The man replied. John glared at him with his squinting eyes. Don’t ever call me Johnny! Only if you’re a friend of course, John thought nastily.

“So what’s your name then? You would already know mine; you said it a dozen times. Also I’m a famous rocker!” John asked and stated.

“My name is Ernie Malcose, and not at your service.” Ernie chuckled while saying it.

“Okay Ernie, you got to tell me the rules! I go absolutely go bonkers, what year will I be going to? You said I’ll be seeing me sons.” John asked rather eagerly. “Also what is my second son name? What he ding dong out of wedlock?”

“Well first off you’ll be going to the year 2008. It’s not the same, what so ever in fact. You find everything in time, and you second son’s name is Sean.”

“One more question, since you didn’t let answer the last, what am I’m doing? I know I’ll be a pretty old geezer by then.” John said.

“I refuse to answer that question, which is your kid’s problem.” Ernie said shortly. “The time machine may not look at its finest, because it hasn’t been used in a few years. You will be going in the time machine in exactly five minutes I believe.” He said while checking his watch.

“Who will be there? Or will I be placed with someone, what if someone recognizes me? God, to be honest I almost tired with all the girls.” John said exhausted.

“Well they will be more shocked than anything, Johnny boy.” Ernie said.

“Don’t call me that! Or I just might have to smash your bloody head!” John yelled.

“Temper, temper, which was one of your downfalls,” Ernie lectured.

“I am a very peaceful man,” John tried to comfort himself.

“Well you’ll be told what happened since 1964 when you get there, Time machine time!” Ernie said while going to the controllers, pushing a button here and there. The time machine started in a growling rumble.

"That doesn't look safe, neither does it sound the slightest safe. I do not want to even take a step in that bloody thing." John said sniffing his nose.

"You're getting into that time machine, whether you like it or not." Ernie said stern.

"You're completely mental, you'll know that? Barking mad." John paused. "You'll know how long it's been since I've been in a time machine, donkey years! Scratch that, never have I been in a time machine."

"Well it's only a dream for ya, isn't it. God I'm telling your Granny to suck eggs! You are the one who thinks you're having a dream. It's only a dream after all." Ernie said quite productively

"It is isn't, all I have to do is just wake up sooner or later. With my eyes opening after a bad night's sleep. Hmmmm....put me in the time machine. I'm curious now." John said.

Ernie came up behind John, with his hand lightly on his back. He opened the time machine's rusty old door. Ernie pushed John Lennon rather roughly inside the door. John squished his face in the look a like port hole.

"You pushed me rather hard ya know!" John yelled, his voice muffled by the glass.

Ernie turned and looked away, and headed up to the platform. John out of the port hole window, with his narrow eyes saw him wave goodbye with a gesture of his hand.

Then Ernie pushed the button.