Chapter Two: Frozen In Time

February 22 1964

John was looking in the crowds of frozen people ahead. Seeing their frozen waving hands was a bit scary.

“Well fuck this! I know I’m not high,” He yelled for no one in particular. At least he didn’t think he was high, sometimes he was so bloody high he didn’t know it. He pushed against Ringo as he was getting off the plane. Looking for somebody, anybody.

Then he brushed against The Beatle’s fans, not really caring if he was pushing any one down at the moment, it was crazy. He was starting to think someone slipped something in his drink, and that someone was holding him down in real reality.

He kept walking past the frozen people; they were still warm he noticed. Not like ice as he would expect. His feet tripped over someone’s foot, causing bleeding on his hand and a few curse words. He got up and brushed off his nice pants. To wear such tight, over fancy suits always got him annoyed. He would rather not have his shirt tucked in.

After at least a half a hour, he got pass the crazy frozen fans, to see if everything else was indeed frozen. Yes, he was high, he had to be. Nothing this crazy happened, unless it was dream of course. Anything could happen in a dream.

Then out in the distance, where the cars stood still. John saw a man walking, with a trench coat and a rather nice hat. He stopped just to make sure, and John could hear the man’s footsteps.. The man’s footsteps sounded rather lonely, John thought; but so was his.

“Who are you, a wizard? You’re moving!” John yelled as loud as he could, and laughing at it the same time. He thought this was a dream after all.

The man’s head turned up to look at him, his eyes covered by sunglasses. With his hand he motioned John to come nearer.

“The bloody fuck I’m doing that! You come here! And please excuse my language.” John yelled once again. Then the man in the nice hat started walking towards him. The man finally got at least five feet close to John. John in a sense did not like that, he had a rather odd feeling about this rather odd man.

“Thank God this is a dream; you look like a murderer for Pete Sakes!” John said rather rudely.

“This is not dream; I have come from the future John Lennon.” The man paused for a moment. “To bring you backed to your sons, for a while. They deserve to see you, to see how you really are.”

“Well, I have only one son, too bad for you. Not the right guy I suppose.” John said before he had the time to think.

“Well you do, in the future.” The secretive man said quiet.

“So me and Cyn’, have another kid, interesting.” John said, trying to figure out the facts.

“Not exactly.”

John’s thoughts started to go haywire. Did one of his affairs screw up, and he John actually admitted it. That was indeed a scary thought, for him. Ruin his image alright, right down the drainage sewer hole.

“Well then any other news, I would like to hear?” John said sneering. He was getting fumed.

“No, not one bit. Come with me.” The man said grabbing John’s arm, dragging him.

“No, first tell why all the goddamn people are frozen!” John said ripping the man’s arm off.

“Well they are frozen in time of course.”

“Frozen? Well they are not cold.” John laughed at his own joke.

“Just come with me, I would rather not tie you up.” The man said, not joking obviously.

Instead of being tied up like the man said, John walked beside him. This is where John saw the man’s face more clearly. The man had a pug nose so unlike John’s nose, and if one peered in the side of his sun glasses, they would see ice cold blue eyes.

They started walking down the street, when they came to a door. A ratty door, and the place was not taken care of. John squinted into the window, it looked abandon. The man opened the door, and beyond was a set of stairs that led to a basement. John was getting nervous now, worse than right before the band’s shows.

The walked down the cracked wooden steps, leading into the darkness. Once they got down there, in the hole. “I just went down the hole,” John said out loud.

The man stared at him for a moment, and then turned on the light. That was when John Lennon saw The Time Machine for the first time.

Next Chapter The Time Machine