Chapter 1

I tossed the remainder of my luggage into the trunk of my father's SUV. They were driving me to the airport. It was finally time for me to move into the home of my future husband. And I was dreading it. I could just imagine all of the fights that would happen. I would try to file for a divorce as soon as the marriage happens. I didn't even know when the wedding date would be. Hopefully soon. It's better to get it done and over with sooner than later.

As my dad walked out to join me and my family in the SUV, I said, "Did I mention that I hated you all?"

My father chuckled. "Only a couple thousand times, Dawn. Now get in the car. We have to get you to the airport. Do you have all of your tickets and your passport?"

A look of fake guilt flashed across my face, which my father bought. I began giggling and he just rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I have them dad. They're in my personal bag." I climbed into the back seat to sit next to my brother.

"Hey, Dawn," he said, not looking up from his phone. I flicked his forehead and he just flipped his hair to fix it again.

"Hey, Devin. I mean 'douche'," I said, punching his arm lightly. He looked up from his phone with a wide grin on his face. "You're so fucking lucky. Why haven't you been in an arranged marriage since you were born? Why me?"

Devin looked at me as if I was some kind of idiot. "You're daddy and mommy's little girl. They want you to marry the best guy possible."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, and I already had that figured out. Now I have to leave my prince charming behind. Make sure you tell James that I'll miss him, okay?"

James was my brother's best friend and my boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend. I had to break up with him because of this arranged marriage mess. We were both heartbroken. I would always love him... But maybe, a long-distance relationship might work out.... Or maybe not. I sighed.

"Sure thing, Dawn," he said, with a snicker and a roll of his eyes. He returned his attention to his phone. I stared out of the window, looking at the gloomy gray skies. It'd be a long drive to the airport.

No.

I would never have the chance of truly falling in love. I would never have the chance of being happy with my life. In fact, my life is running downhill.

Thanks a lot, mom and dad. This sure goes to show how much you really love me.