Chapter 10

May 7, 2011

Well, I'm officially an adult. It's still illegal for me to drink, but who the hell cares? I do it anyways. I can still do pretty much whatever I want. The school year was coming to an end. I received a call from my parents last night.

They said that they had scheduled a date for the wedding with Jeremy's parents. It was to be during the summer. On the fourth of July. On the beach. It'd be a pretty ceremony, especially since it would be at night. But, I still wasn't looking forward to it. Whatever.

Dawn Hazel Massacre Reynolds

I closed the diary with a sigh and slumped back in my office chair. I propped my legs up on the desk and just closed my eyes, thinking. Jeremy had been crying a lot more often now. I think I've hurt him enough, but enough never seems to be enough for me. I always end up going over-board. I'm starting to feel the smallest bit of guilt biting inside my conscience and I knew that I should stop. But, could I? I kind of want to, but I'm not sure if I'm capable of doing it.

Carefully thinking things through, I decided that I would attempt to become friends with Jeremy. Not bothering to change out of night wear---which consisted of a white 30 Seconds To Mars t-shirt and blue plaid shorts---I walked out of my room and headed off to Jeremy's room.

Hesitating slightly, I lightly tapped on his door and waited timidly, staring at my toes. When I looked up, my eyes were covered by my bangs and the door was opened. Sheepishly, I moved my hair out of my face and looked Jeremy directly in the eyes.

"I'm sorry for not giving you a chance. You've begun to be kind to me and, well, I feel like a bitch now. I've hurt you, but it was only fair, you know? Well, I'm ready to be the big girl too and start over." I held out my hand, smiling, and said, "Dawn."

Jeremy took my hand and offered me a cute smile. "Jeremy. Nice to meet you."

I found myself starting to giggle and Jeremy began to laugh with me. I wrapped my arms around him for a hug and I felt his body stiffen. Eventually, he hugged me as well. He was considerably taller than I was. I stood at about 5'7. Jeremy was 6'0. He was five inches taller than I was.

"I've fallen for you, Dawn. Do you think that you'll be able to love me?" he asked, releasing me. He clasped his hands with my own and looked me in my eyes. I melted in his gazes and nodded. I couldn't help myself. He was just too cute. Jeremy smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Thank you for giving me a chance."

I ran back to my room smiling, leaving him laughing. I slammed my door shut and locked it. Running to my desk, I grabbed my diary and opened it to the next clean page.

May 7, 2011

Dear Diary,

Well, I've decided that I would give Jeremy a chance. It might not be so bad after all. He's actually extremely sweet. Jashin, this is going to be a whole new thing to talk about at school. Knowing Jeremy, he's going to shout it to the school.

Dawn