Chapter 24

Jeremy's P.O.V

I was extremely hurt by everything that's happened over the past few days and weeks. My mind was collapsing and I just didn't know what to do anymore. There were so many things rushing through my mind and I just don't know what to think or do anymore. I never thought I'd be thinking like this, but I am. What am I thinking about? Killing myself of course.

That's the only thing running through my mind. My mind is just so jumbled up and unclear. I don't know what to think. To be honest, I can't think straight at all. I'm not thinking right.

All these emotions coursing through my mind were causing me to not think straight. As I was driving back to my hotel, I found that it was difficult to stay in my lane. When I reached my hotel, I dug through my suitcases, blindly searching for my bottles of pills. After I found them, I looked for a bottle of water. Cracking open the bottle of pills, I poured some out onto my hand. I opened my bottle of water and looked at the pills, popping them into my mouth two at time, downing them with water.

Soon, they had all disappeared down my throat.

You know how the survivors of attempted suicide say that the moment you're about to go, you feel this pang of regret? You feel as if you wished you hadn't done it? Well, sure enough, I was feeling the same way. I manage to grab my phone, dial 911, and in a weak voice tell the operator, "Dying...."

I was losing the sight in my eyes as I was blacking out, feeling closer to the edge. I knew that soon, I'd be gone.

This was it.

Dawn's P.O.V

My thoughts were racing as I was attempting to come to a final decision.

"Dawn, if there ever comes a time when you fall in love, twice, I just want you to remember something. If you really loved the first person, you wouldn't have fallen for the second person."

The words of my grandmother rang through my ears, letting me know which choice I had to make.

Jeremy.

I was going to choose Jeremy over James.

I needed to find him now. But where would he be?

The sound of sirens rang through the air, making me jump. They were just so loud and unexpected. They sounded rather closer, as if they were only just driving by. Whenever I heard the wailing sounds of sirens, I always grew curious to know why ambulances or police cars or fire engines were racing down the streets. To do their job, of course, but I always wanted to see what's going on.

Departing from my house, I hopped in my car and buckled my seat belt, following the sound of the ambulances. I was going to find out exactly what was happening.

My little journey lead me to a rather nice hotel. An ambulance was parked up in front with the back doors wide open. A gurney was soon rushed out of the doors of the hospital. Rolling down the window of my car, I poked my head out to get a better view of the person on the gurney. From this angle, I couldn't exactly see the person's face, but something about them looked extremely familiar.

The clothes, the hair...

Oh my goodness, that was Jeremy on the gurney. The only thing on my mind now was why Jeremy would be going to the hospital. What had happened to him? I hurriedly parked my car and ran towards the ambulance, frantically explaining to them about Jeremy. I told them that I was his girlfriend. I was then given permission to sit inside with him. Sitting down, I took his hand, causing me to jump. His hand was so cold.

"Please don't let him be dead," I murmured softly, causing the paramedics took look at me in sympathy. "Please don't be dead, Jeremy. You can't be dead. I'm sorry..."