Chapter 5

The days have gone by and I still haven't grown comfortable living in Maine. Actually, things have gotten even more uncomfortable. Jeremy has started to talk to me. Someone would think that was a good thing, but it really isn't.

I was sitting on the couch in the den down stairs watching TV when Jeremy comes by and says, "Fucking bitch. What the hell are you still doing here?"

He's been treating me like this for a while now. I get it. He doesn't want me here. I don't want to be here. But there isn't much I can do about it. All the while, he doesn't have to right to treat me like shit.

"You're a worthless, cheap, skanky, whore, Dawn. That's all you are," he sneered.

I felt the hot tears burning in my eyes, threatening to spill down my cheeks. I stood up from the couch and ran away to take refuge in my room. Slamming the door shut, I walked to my desk and began to blast my music. 'Never Surrender' by Skillet was blaring through the stereos.

I sat on my bed and buried my face into my pillows, letting the tears stream down my face. 

I realized that I would have to deal with Jeremy's bullshit for the rest of my life. There would be no divorce. The contract that my parents had signed, stating that the two of us would get married, said that we were not allowed to file for a divorce. What kind of bullshit is that?

I wiped my tears away and ceased my crying. I sang along to the music, seeing it as my only escape. For now.

Jeremy's P.O.V

As Dawn stormed out of the room, a look of triumph filled my face. I knew that I had hurt her. She was sensitive. She was stronger than others, but still sensitive. At least I had finally broken her down. I sat down on the couch lazily, it being Spring Break. I could do anything that I wanted to do.

I had been on Spring Break for a while now. On Monday, I had to start school. Again. Walking into the kitchen, I checked the date on the calendar. Shit. It was Sunday. Well, at least I would get to show Dawn who the ruler of the school is. Me. She won't take my throne. I refuse to share the throne. I will not be over-thrown as the King of the school.

I heard loud music blasting from upstairs. I immediately knew that it was Dawn who was listening to it. Getting up, I tip-toed to her room and pressed my ear to her door. I could her the faint voice of her singing. It sounded beautiful. How could I have hurt something so beautiful? But still, I have no regrets. She could suffer for all I cared. 

I retreated from the door and headed off to my own room, deciding to blast my music as well. 

I just sat in my room listening to the music, making a steady beat on my drum sets, covering the drum parts in the song. 

Dawn's P.O.V

I narrowed my eyes as I heard the sounds of loud drumming. There was only one place that it could be coming from. Jeremy's room. He was actually pretty good. I listened closely and turned off my music to hear that we had the same tastes in music and both liked to play instruments. I played the bass guitar and guitar. 

We did have some things in common after all. But that didn't mean that I was going to try to get along with him. Especially all that he has said to me since her first started talking to me. I had gotten a good glimpse at him, and boy was he fucking sexy. He was the hottest guy that I had ever laid eyes on. 

Even so, I still hate Jeremy Rainer's guts.