Chapter 17

I'm going to skip out on the Chicago flight to San Diego because I do not want to elaborate on that at all and have to relive that memory. It was just terrible.

Okay.

Maybe I'll just tell you what happened in the short form instead of telling it story-wise.

The plane ride from Chicago to San Diego was painful because there were two annoying little kids behinds me kicking my fucking seat.

Yeah, parents must be rich because we were in first class. So I was sitting there ever so patiently waiting for them to fall asleep or stop kicking me. Did they stop? No. They continued to fucking kick my seat. I sat there like the considerate good girl that I was and didn't complain to the kids, their parents, or any of the flight attendants. I put up with the bullshit.

I was beyond relieved when we landed. I was the first to stand up when we came to a stop and were given the 'okay' to stand up. I got my luggage and made my way to the front of the plane. The door was opened and I jumped off, ignoring the flight attendants. I just wanted to leave.

I made my way to the baggage claim and retrieved my baggage. Afterward, I exited the airport, waiting for one of my friends to show up. She was going to drive me to my new house.

I waited for a good thirty minutes until she finally did show up.

"Hey Dawn!" she said, waving from her convertible. I threw my suitcases into the back seats.

"Hey Sandra. How have you been?" I asked, settling into the passenger seat.

"I've been fine. What brings you back to California? I thought to were going to get marri---"

I cut her off. "Don't say that word. I'll explain as we drive."

"Alright. What's the address?" she asked, pulling out her GPS. I just shook my head and took it, entering the information before giving it back.

"You'll love my house. Anyways, I'm back because Jeremy, my fiance, and I are done. Over. I called it off. At first, I was reluctant to marry him because I had to move away from my comfortable life and I didn't know him. I ended up falling for him. Just a week and a half ago or so, we had a party to celebrate us graduating from high school. I found him making out with some slut. He claims that she kissed him first. But that's what they all say," I said.

She drove off of the freeway and drove past a few shops. "Geez. That's brutal. If I were you, I would of kicked both of their asses."

"I don't know why I didn't think of that," I muttered.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about that Dawn. He's a loser. You're in California now. You've dropped that zero and now you can get yourself a hero," Sandra said.

"That's what I plan to do my dear." I laughed to my self and pulled my hair out of its pony tail and let it flow in the wind. Ah, how I missed this California air. This was the time to start a new life. Or well, go back to my original one.

Either way, it's going to be killer.