Chapter 22

Jeremy's P.O.V

I arrived at the supposed house and it matched the picture in Dawn's e-mail when I had looked at it. There was another car parked in the driveway but I thought nothing of it. It probably just one of her friends.

I parked on Dawn's driveway and climbed out of the car. Taking a deep breath, I mentally prepared myself to see Dawn again. I was ready to get my ass kicked too. That was something that I really deserved. It was to be expected too. I mean, Dawn despises me.

Walking to the door, I grew hesitant to press the button to ring the door bell. Finally, after having mustered enough courage to do so, I pressed the button, wincing. Some girl I didn't recognize finally opened the door, letting me in.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Do I have the wrong house?" I muttered, half to myself. "I'm Jeremy Rainer."

The girl froze. Okay. I have the right house. This must be one of Dawn's friends.

"Dawn," the girl said, timidly, seeming to be unsure of what she should say. She appeared to be stunned more than anything right now. "You have a visitor. Should I throw them out?"

I heard the sound of Dawn's melodious laugh. It sounded muffled for some reason.

"It depends on who it is," she replied, happiness in her voice, mixed with the sound of slight confusion.

"Um.... You should just come and see who it is for yourself," the girl advised, looking back and forth from where Dawn was and me. Dawn finally arrived and she froze, a death glare immediately flickering onto her face. I was a little shocked when I saw some other guy there, his arm around Dawn's waist.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she spat, glaring at me with pure hatred in her eyes.

"I came to fix things, Dawn. I messed up big time. I realize that. Dawn, it's been hell for me since you left. It was like there was no life left in me. I didn't have the energy nor the motivation to do anything since you left. It's been a depressing thing to go through, with you go. I came here to regain your love and forgiveness. I'll die without you in my life. I can't live without you Dawn," I said, looking into her eyes.

"Then you're just going to have to die then, Jeremy. You're not going to get me back," she replied, her voice like ice. "I don't need you in my life anymore. I don't want you in my life anymore. You've ruined me, Jeremy. Things are finally getting better for me since you brutally shattered my heart into an infinity pieces. I don't need you to step in just to ruin things once again. You have wasted your time coming here."

Her words hurt me more than I thought they would. Now it was my turn to have my heart completely broken. Was this how she felt? I didn't mean to hurt her. I didn't know what was going on. That slut came on to me. I didn't know what I was doing. All the same, I should have been paying attention. Maybe then, I wouldn't be in this mess and my arm would be around her waist instead of that douche bag. Whoever he is....

"I highly suggest that you get out of my house right now," Dawn growled.

"No," I responded, pursing my lips.

"This is my house. Get out," she insisted.

"No," I repeated. "I'm not leaving until you realize that my love for you is true and that I mean everything that I've said to you. What happened at the party, it wasn't supposed to happen, clearly. I wasn't paying attention so because of that, it is partially my fault. But that slut came onto me and I promise you, I sent her crying out of the house. I am in love with you Dawn. Please believe me."

"I refuse to believe you! I can't trust you anymore. You were bad news for me from the start. The way you treated me; it was a mistake to believe you when you said that you were spiteful towards your parents for arranging the marriage. You've never loved me all along. Spare me the lies," said Dawn.

She didn't believe me. She wasn't even going to listen to me. She wasn't even going to give me a chance to prove that I really did love her. Fuck my life, man. Fuck my life.

"Look, Dawn. I seem pretty unbelievable right now because of how much I've fucked up. I'm sincerely apologetic about everything that's gone on between us. I just want you back in my life. I need you back in my life in order for me to survive. Whether you realize it or not, you need me too," I said.

"Look," said the guy beside Dawn. "I don't know who you are, but you're obviously causing some trouble here. Dawn doesn't want you here. Let alone involved in her life. She wants you to leave so you better abide by her wishes. If you did love her, you'd do what she wants."

I grit my teeth. "If I loved her, I would be fighting for my love. I wouldn't stop trying to prove it to her until she realizes it. Maybe you don't know the meaning of love. I'm not an expert on it but I know enough to know what it is. That's all I need to know. I know that I'm in love with this girl. I don't give a fuck about who you are but step aside before you get hurt."

He was a good two inches shorter than I was, about six feet tall. I could take him on. If it came down to that, that is.

"I'm James. Dawn's previous boyfriend before she left to go live with your sorry ass," he spat. "Technically, we never broke up, did we Dawn?"

Dawn shook her head in response. James just smirked in satisfaction. Oh, this guy was seriously asking for a fight. He was deliberately trying to piss me off, wasn't he? Well, that's never the good route to take.

"Dawn, move out of the way," I hissed. Her little friend, a cute blonde, looked at me with slight fear lingering in her eyes.

"Dawn, you seriously better move," her friend said, reaching for Dawn's arms.

She jerked them back. "No Sandra."

"Dawn, move. Now," I spat, venom dripping from each word that I spoke. This James guy was going to get it. Walking forward, I gently grasped Dawn and set her aside. Smirking, my right fist flew forward and connected with James' face. I heard a beautiful crunching, signaling that I had broken his nose.

By now, James was fuming. Well, this was the outcome when you angered me. He should have seen this coming. I tackled him to the ground and pressed a knee to his side, keeping him down by pressing the base of my palm on his chest. I repeatedly punched him in the face and was stopped when Dawn and her friend Sandra grabbed my arms.

Sitting up, James coughed up some blood and glared at me. His face was battered and bruised. Mentally, I was cheering to myself, ecstatic to see that I was the one who did the damage to his face.

"Jeremy," Dawn said, not looking at me. She was staring at her feet. "Get out. Now. I mean it. Don't fucking come anywhere near me again. Go."

"But Da   "

Dawn cut me off. "Just go!"

Grimacing, I departed from her house and went to go sit in my car. After a while, I finally started it and backed off of the drive way. I had messed up. Yet again. I came here to fix things but I only worsened the situation.