Chapter 11

It was the last day of school. It was the day that everyone had been looking forward to; especially all of the seniors. My family had flown out from California to watch me graduate. This was a big moment for me. In just two months, I would be getting married. Jeremy and I would have a place of our own, still in Maine. I was growing extremely excited. In just a few days, I would go shopping for a dress, plan everything, design the cake, etc. It was tedious work.

As my name was called to receive my diploma, I straightened my cap before walking onto the stage. Of course, I was called by my original last name. For some odd reason. But that didn't really matter at the moment. The only thing that I really cared about was graduating from high school.

I took my diploma from the principal, shook his hand, walked off the stage, and sat back down in my seat. It was done. I graduated. The graduation party would be extremely epic. It'd be held at my house. Well, I called it my house. It pretty much is my house.

Once all those who graduated received their diplomas, we fled out of the gymnasium and threw out caps into the air, cheering and screaming.

"We're finally through!" I yelled to Morgan, who had come running up to me. A huge grin covered her face as she squealed in delight. Jeremy walked up to me and I kissed his nose.

"Have you set the date for the wedding?" Morgan asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. July 4th. And Morgan, It'd make my day if you would agree to be my Maid of Honor?"

Morgan screamed as loud as humanly possible. "Yes! Of course I will!"

We exchanged hugs and Jeremy just smiled.

"Have you chosen the best man?" I asked him. He nodded with a sly smile on his face. I wondered who he had asked.

"Yeah. I asked him not to long ago. You're not going to find out until the wedding," Jeremy said. I flicked his forehead and walked away. This was going to be frustrating. I wanted to know who the best man was so badly.

"It'll be a while until I find out, huh?" I asked, giggling. Jeremy smirked and kissed my cheek.

"Aww! You two are the cutest couple ever!" Morgan exclaimed. I felt a burning sensation rise up to my cheeks as I grew highly embarrassed.

*        *         *        *         *         *         *          *         *

Jeremy's parents drove me family and I back to our house in their Explorer, which seated everyone. As soon as I set foot on the driveway, I sped off into the house to get ready for the party. Our parents were going to go out so that they wouldn't crash it for us. They had already decorated for us and it looked amazing.

I ran up to my room and got changed into a short thinly layered dress. It was turquoise, light blue, then black, the layers ruffled. I paired it with Edith high heels and put in my fake gauges. I took the time to repaint my nails that were badly chipping. I redid my makeup and put on my bangles and clipped a bow into my teased hair.

( http://www.polyvore.com/random_set_29/set?id=31703994 )

I had one word to describe the way that I looked tonight.

Magnificent.

All eyes would be on me. That's not exactly what I was aiming for but it would turn out to be that way. I looked extremely pretty right now. Hopefully I looked this pretty for the wedding. Maybe even prettier. I wondered who would do my makeup. Maybe I'd be allowed to do it for myself.

I carefully walked downstairs and hugged Jeremy who was wearing black skinny jeans with a baby blue dress shirt.

And he now had red tips.

I was shaking my head as I smiled.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

I giggled. "Of course. It's adorable. Hey, did our parents hide the liquor supply?"

Jeremy grinner. "Nope. Purposely left it out."

"Sweet. Our parents suddenly became cool."

"Fuck yes."

"You ready to party our asses off tonight?"

"Of course babe."

And with the ring of the doorbell, our party would soon begin.