A Chance

Divination was never Tom's favorite subject. In fact he only chose it, because he thought it would help him discover the future or read people's minds. How wrong he was. The divination teacher was an absolute disaster. She never predicted things the right way, even things that were obvious. Almost every ' foreseeing moment' of hers , was fake and it was very obvious. But today Tom's view of her changed almost 180°.
After their first lesson with her this school year, she made a real prediction.
The moment the bell rang, indicating the lesson's end, the class practically flew out of the classroom - the old attic. Tom, not so eager to leave -not because he liked divination, only because he didn't have anyone to talk to after leaving- took his time in packing. Andora Trelawny came to him , offering her help.
"Thank you, Professor! I got it.", he told the professor, wanting her to leave. Suddenly she grabbed his forearm, her grip tight on it and yanked him closer to her. His eyes wide with shock, he looked at her expectantly, waiting for an explanation as to why she'd do what she's just done. "Listen carefully!", she spoke her voice raspy and different from usual. "I know what your plans are boy!", his heart skipped a few beats at the thought of someone discovering his evil plans. "I'm not gonna stop you. But neither will I support you. I have only one thing to tell you. What you're doing will make you powerful and mighty, but it will also kill you and the human within you. I'm offering you a chance to see yourself at the peak of your power, your control.", she stopped suddenly, probably waiting for an answer. But to what. He was completely confused, startled and not to mention scared out of his wits. The only possible and plausible reaction to what she had said , was to deny all what she had said. But Tom knew better "H-How?", he stuttered , fearing the answer "I will send you to the future ..There you can see for yourself what is the right thing to do. You'll stay there for exactly one year. Enough time for you to see all the important developments..then you can decide but choose wisely!", she stopped again. He left himself time to weigh his answer. Refusing the offer would be completely stupid, he'd have turned down his chance to see what he might become, to see what decision he should make. But how should he know ,that that wasn't all to trick to admit what he's been up to or just an act performed by his great divination teacher ?
"I accept the offer!" he said ignoring his mind and going for his heart.
With a flick of the professor's wand, everything went black.

A/N

hello..This is my first ff I'm hoping to get better