A Dream

Loud laughter echoed around the hallways as a young Tom walked towards the exit. His head was bowed and he was holding several books in his hand. Suddenly someone bumped into him and the books fell to the ground.
"Watch it, freak!", a boy shouted after him continuing his way down the corridor.
Tom sneered at the boy, who wasn't looking anymore and kneeled down to pick up his books.
The day was already bad enough as it was, he didn't need any delays to...where was he going again?
"Ah. If it isn't Riddle the Freak! What brings you to my territory?"
Tom looked up from his place on the ground. A tall boy stood there, arms crossed with a girl leaning on him. Another boy was on his left.
Tom tried hard to remember the taller boys name. He felt like he knew him, but the name was just too far away to catch.
"Stand up while I talk to you...freak!", the boy frowned pushing Tom to the floor.
That was it.
Tom stood up and staring at the older kids said "What the hell do you want?"
The boy looked at both his friends, a smirk on his face. When he turned to face Tom, the smirk turned into a wicked, evil sneer "You don't know what I want, orphan?"
The blond girl giggled, shaking her head and for the first time she spoke "I think I know why his parents died, Bruce!"
Tom looked between them.
Bruce asked "Why Regina? It's always been a mystery to me." She stopped giggling and came down very close to Tom's face. She softly whispered "Cause Tommy here is a pain in the arse."
Bruce was grimacing at the new position of his girlfriend or whatever they were "They had a go at themselves." , she said in a louder voice. She stood up calmly and returned to the leaning position on her now nodding boyfriend's arm.
Tom didn't register what she'd said right away, but when he did he threw the books he'd picked up back on the ground and pounced on Regina. Bruce got in the way and with one hand he pushed Tom back to the ground.
"Let's do what we do best. Shall we ?", he asked his other companion and together they jumped on Tom and started beating him.
****
Tom woke up panting heavily. Looking around frantically, he both checked himself for bruises and his surroundings for any possible threats. He found none.
When his eyes focused he noticed Harry draped over one bed, half his torso almost touching the ground. His mouth was open and his glasses askew.
"Everything is fine.", Tom told himself, pushing a hand through his hair.
The thing that bothered him most about the dream was that it felt like a ... like a memory. It felt as though it was just a few inches away yet he couldn't reach it. It just seemed like he was reliving the dream - or was it really a memory? The other problem was that if that question was to be answered with 'Yes', it meant Harry was lying. Why would he be in an orphanage if his parents had just died. But then again it seemed likely he was affected by all of the new information and created his own story from his subconscious.
"No..no.", a whimper interrupted his thoughts.
It was Hermione. He hadn't noticed her before , but saw her on the opposite bed of Harry's now. Ron was nowhere to be seen.
The guy bothered Tom. From the beginning he didn't seem welcoming at all and if Harry's story was true, which the dream or memory seemed to unprove -
"No. Please don't."
Hermione's hair was obscuring her face and Tom noticed she was shaking her head in her sleep. Slowly, he stood up and walked towards her.
"..ease don't kill 'im. We'll tell you evriving!", he couldn't exactly understand what she was saying, but he was smart enough to know she wasn't having a pleasant night.
When he was an inch away from her bed, he bent over and shook her already shaking body.
"Hermione. Hermione, it's just a dream. Wake up!", Tom whispered. He was trying not to wake Harry, but still thought this wouldn't be effective unless he raised his voice a bit.
"Hermione!", he said a little louder. "Wake up!"
Suddenly, Hermione jerked forwards and her hands - that were in front of her- happened to collide with Tom's nose.
"Ow. Ouch. Blimey!", he whisper-shouted.
"Merlin, I'm so sorry. I-I really didn't mean to, but you...you were just there and. And I didn't see you. Wait. I just had a bad dream and- What were you doing here?", Hermione had her hands on her mouth at first, looking shocked. Now, though, her hands were on her hips and she was looking at Tom expectantly.
How someone could change so easily from being terrified to death to... an offended, answer-awaiting, collected person, Tom didn't know.
"Woah. Calm down, alright? I was just checking on you. You- you were muttering in your sleep and I reckoned you weren't having a good dream so...", when he saw her expression he decided to stop.
Again she surprised him with the change. Yes, that's what he was going to call it. 'The Change'.
"I'm- I'm okay.", she said and at length she added "Thanks though."
He decided not to mention his own little unconscious experience, but noticed Hermione was frowning at him. "What happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost."
"Nothing. What time is it?", he asked in an attempt to change the subject.
Hermione got her wand from under her pillow and did a spell non-verbally. He glanced at his own wand on the night desk -that was also there because...magic!
For another time -and he hoped it would continue- he was amazed by magic. Numbers, in red colour, floated in the air. "6:30. I think I'll go back to sleep.", Hermione noted.
"Alright. Any idea where Ron might be?", he asked already on his way to the exit.
"Oh. Yeah, he was on watch last. Probably still outside.", Hermione's voice was muffled as she was already retreating under the covers.
Tom exited the tent to find said Ginger outside, head in hands, not noticing the new company and with a very grim expression.

A/N
Hello everyone.
I apologize for the wait. Honestly, the chapter isn't even as good as it should be after such a long time. Plus I didn't reread it. So... I'm very, very, very sorry.
School has started and this year's isn't gonna be easy, but yeah I know: enough excuses.
But really I'm sorry and thanks for the 800+ reads!!! :D
And about the dreams...you'll understand later. So don't worry. Explanations are coming and it does make sense the dreams are so detailed, because something you'll find out later. ;)
Love you guys,
hopefully something more exciting next chapter.
Oh and I might want to apologize right now for the fact that I won't be updating for a while. We have exams month this month (yes we have exams at the start of year..German system, go figure)..so no time to update, I'm afraid.
But when u do, there'll be some action, I'm telling you.
For now:

Bye bye.