A Savior

Ron PoV
"Mind if I join you?", a voice startled Ron from behind.
It was the last person Ron wanted to see at the moment or any moment, for that matter.
Tom Marvolo Riddle -in pyjamas nonetheless.
But they were 'friends' after all. Ron innerly scoffed at that. Friends with the Dark Lord himself. The one who caused so much pain to his family and many others. The one who prejudiced people like Hermione. The one who tainted Percy's ideals.
The one who orphaned Harry and wanted him dead.
Ron realized too late he was grimacing at Riddle. He shook his head and said "Yeah, sure. Sorry, was just thinking about...", he trailed off.
"It's okay.", Riddle said sitting down next to Ron on the leafy ground.
"Seems like everybody's thinking of something bad right now."
Ron frowned at Riddle "What do you mean?".
Riddle was about to answer, but suddenly his eyes widened and he turned to look behind him.

Mental, that one.

How they never locked him up from the beginning, was a mystery to Ron.
"Did you hear that?", he asked his face ashen.
"Um, hear what exactly?", Ron asked trying to keep the annoyance from his voice.
"That sound! Laughter.", he stood up and walked in a circle his wand outstretched. "Do you even know how to use that?", Ron asked gesturing at the wand and about to laugh. The great Lord Voldemort didn't know how to use a wand. But Riddle had stopped turning in the circle and was squinting at something behind Ron.
"Duck!", he muttered.
"What?"
"DUCK!", Riddle waved his wand and Ron dove out of the way.
'What was that bastard thinking?', Ron then heard the sound of someone falling to the ground. He turned around hoping it was Riddle, but what he saw shocked him even more than the image of a dead Voldemort.
Riddle's face was paler than any Malfoy's. His outstretched arm was shaking violently and his knees were buckling underneath him. A few yards away lay a spread eagled body.
"How'd you do that?", Ron breathed.
Riddle shook his head while a tear fell on his cheeks from his unblinking eyes "I don't know.", he barely whispered.
****
Harry PoV
"Ron, you need to calm down."
"Don't tell me to calm down! You weren't there with him!", Ron argued in that high pitched tone he always adopted when he was more than panicked.
"You didn't see it!"
"From what I gathered, neither did you.", Harry replied hiding a smile.
Honestly he wasn't grasping any of it just yet. He'd just been woken up by a completely distressed Ron Weasley and hurried outside to witness an unconscious body and a seemingly paralyzed Tom Riddle.
Now Ron was pacing back and forth in front of him panicking like a divorced woman, while Harry tried to calm him down.
"One moment we were sitting there and the next...The next HE'S KILLING PEOPLE!", he stopped and took hurried steps towards his best friend.
"He could've killed me!", Ron was now shaking said best friend by the shoulders.
Harry, for some reason -maybe the lack of sleep or the sudden awakening from his little sleep- found the situation utterly funny.
"If I remember correctly, he saved your life.", Harry informed his friend raising his eyebrows.
"Whose side are you on, Harry. How is screaming something about ducks and then standing like a statue called saving someone's life?", Ron pushed his hand through his now long hair.
"The part in between.", Harry clapped Ron on the shoulder. "Don't worry, mate."
"Where's Hermione?", Ron asked suddenly, as though he'd just noticed her absence.
"She's outside with Riddle. Seems he had a mental breakdown or something and since she knew none of us would do the honors of calming him down, she went.", Ron stared at his friend open mouthed. "What has happened to everyone? You let her go?", Ron was gonna head out of the tent but Harry held him back.
"Seeing as you're utterly scared of him and I always get the urge to Avada Kedavra him off of this planet every time I see him, Hermione was the only one fit for playing the psychologist. God knows we need that guy sane. Didn't you see what he did back there?", Harry was about to break out laughing when he realized what he'd said, but Ron hadn't noticed. He was still annoyed by another part of that sentence "I'm not scared of him!", he said defiantly.
"I'm merely concerned. Plus, how is it that you don't just Avada Kedavra him away from this whole universe?", Ron inquired.
"As you've just seen back there, dear Ronald, we need him.", Harry answered pointedly.
"Why? If we just kill him-"
"Killing him won't kill Voldemort. You know what Dumbledore said. Voldemort isn't Riddle anymore. Killing him won't do anything. Voldemort has his horcruxes. We need to destroy those first. We can't kill Riddle, but we can use him against Voldemort.", Harry said while changing his clothes.
"After all, you saw his memory is gone...but his skill is still there."
"What if he uses it against us? What if his memory comes back and then he kills us for tricking him?", Ron asked returning fully to the panicky mode and Harry's answer didn't do anything to calm him down "That's a stroy for later. I didn't think of that. Let's just hope my obliviating skills are as good as Lockhart's."
Ron groaned, but didn't follow up with any other disturbing questions.
"For now, let's pack our stuff. I'm sure that guy didn't come alone. They'll be
onto us in no time now."

A/N
Hey everyone
Thanks for your patience and more importantly thanks for the 2K reads. I'm so happy you like the story.
We still have exams, but less important ones (Geography ;) least favorite subject) so I took the time to write.
I hope you enjoy this not very long chapter and till next time :*
Bye bye.