Chapter 8

Chapter 8  🚼8 weeks🚼  @lovemrdarcy for your guess at chapter 7 and @JoanTaylor your wish is coming true.

Today Lucas and I are going to the doctors for the monthly check-up, I think he's a little more excited than me though seeing as this is his first time hearing our child's heart beat and seeing he/she.

Since it's Friday, I would usually be at work but Lucas convinced me to quit, it's not like I had any emotional ties to the place anyways. As I'm watching TV a knock sounds through the house, still clad in my pyjamas I walk to the door and open it only to reveal Lisa, Lucas mom.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Oh, Lukey told me you were home alone so I decided to come by and keep you company until your doctors appointment." she smiles.

"I would love some company right now, it's so boring here all by myself." we both walk to the couch and sit down, "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Oh no dear, I'm fine. Wow your getting big!" Lisa exclaims looking at my stomach.

"Yeah, I'm so excited for the ultrasound this afternoon."

"How far along are you?"

"Just over two months." Lisa's eyes widen.

"Are you sure there's just one in there?" she jokes.

"Yeah the doctor didn't tell me any different."

Lisa and I talk until Lucas comes home around three this afternoon. I change my clothes before Lucas drives us to the doctor's office and we sit in the maternal ward waiting room.

"Are you excited? I ask him.

"Yeah of course, this is my first child."

My name was called and we were directed into a private room as a nurse checked my weight, height and blood pressure. After writing everything down we were told my doctor will  be right with us.

"Lucas, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what's up?" he asks standing up from his chair and standing between my legs hanging off the examination table.

"What are we gonna do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your family is expecting a wedding out of us. We didn't really plan that far ahead."

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, I don't want to be that woman who traps you in a marriage you don't want to be in just because I'm carrying your child. What if you find someone who you really love, but you can't do anything because your already tied down to me? I don't want to do that to you, it's not right." he was about to respond when the OB/GYN walked in.

"Good afternoon Jessica, how are you today?"

"Pretty good, the morning sickness is okay, the cravings have gotten more intense so I've gained more weight, I'm a little more tired also."

"Oh, you must be the father." Dr. Moore exclaims finally noticing Lucas, kind of hard not to notice him though.

"Lucas Harris." he shakes her hand politely.

"Nice t meet you, now let's look at your baby and see how he or she is doing. If you will lift up your shirt Jessica so we can start the sonogram."

I lift up my shirt and she rubs the cool gel on my slightly rounded tummy.

"Now let's find your baby." she looks at the screen concentrated, all I see is black, gray and white lines.

"Here we are." she smiles at then screen as an unsynchronized heartbeat sounds through the room.

"Are baby heartbeats supposed to be that unsynchronized?" Lucas asks sounding worried.

"Not normally that out of sync, hold on a moment." she furrows her eyebrows, freezes the screen and makes the image bigger while inspecting it.

"That makes a lot more sense now. Congratulations, you are pregnant with twins."

This new information puts me into shock before a few tears start running down my face.

Dr. Moore hands me a tissue and asks if we want copies of the sonogram, nodding I ask for four. She hands me a paper towel to wipe the gel off my stomach. I look over at Lucas who has silent tear running down his face.

Dr. Moore hand me the copies and starts talking. "So since you are having a multiple pregnancy I want you to come again for your next sonogram in two weeks instead of next month, tiredness will be normal but also try to get more sleep because your body will be compensating for two. Drink lots of water and increase your fibre intake, also after eating maybe take a short walk or sit up straight to help digestion." she tells me a bunch of other helpful things before letting us go.

In the car Lucas starts talking, "That was very unexpected."

"I think your mom had her own suspicions though."

"I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life." he says.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." I rest my hand on the centre consol.

He grabs it, steering with one hand. I look at him out of the corner of my eye but his eyes stay looking straight ahead at the road.

"I know." he answers glancing my way then putting his attention on the road, not pulling his hand away until we reach his apartment.

*****

I feel like this one's shorter than the others. Or is it just me? No? Okay. I'm sorry about the ending I feel like it really sucks but, yeah.

The song in Good Lovin' by Ludacris ft. Miguel, I love this song, I was writing to this song.

I don't know if I mentioned this yet but in the book it's October.

Okay that's all, have a wonderful day, afternoon, evening and night.