Chapter 21

Chapter 21 7 1/2 months pregnant (28 weeks)

Christmas came and left along with New Years. Nothing eventful really happened to be completely honest, other than my father showing up early really. There has been one thing on my mind that has really been bothering me.

When my mom finds out the everyone knew before her, there's going to be a problem.

Putting that aside I come back to reality where Maggie, Liz and I are shopping for a Valentine's Day dinner Lucas is taking me on next week and whatever they're doing with their respective partner.

"I have no idea why I had to come with you guys. I have plenty of dresses I could wear."

"I don't understand either. This was supposed to be a family bonding trip." Liz pipes up.

"Well Jess is family and because you have no maternity dresses appropriate for a fancy dinner, hence why we're here." Maggie replies.

"That's true, I've gained like 20lbs these past months, but can we stop soon, I need to sit and my feet are hurting."

"Yeah, let's stop in this store they have some really cute dresses. Then we can go to a maternity store." Maggie says taking my hand.

"I'm sitting in the chairs by the change room with Liz, waiting for Maggie to show us the multiple dresses she picked out.

"I know what you're doing you know. You may have this whole family blinded but I know the truth." Liz says.

"What are you talking about?"

"You. Intentionally getting pregnant, trapping my brother like the gold-digger you are."

"I am not a gold-digger thank you very much. I would never do that to Lucas."

Liz was about to reply when Maggie came out of the change room in a long yellow dress. oblivious to the conversation Liz and I were just having.

"So, what do you guys think?"

"It's a beautiful dress but I'm not quite sure it goes well with your hair." I said smiling. Maggie has recently dyed her hair to a white that ombres into a gorgeous blue.

 Maggie has recently dyed her hair to a white that ombres into a gorgeous blue

"I guess that's true." she laughs.

"That wouldn't be a problem if you stopped colouring your hair. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen out at this rate."

Maggie just sighs and goes back into the change room to try on another dress.

"You don't have to be so rude you know."

"Well I'm Just being honest. At the rate she's going, she won't have any hair left to dye."

"You act as if she dyes it every week."

"I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you. This is a matter between cousins, not two cousins and a gold-digger." she says leaning back on the chair.