Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"So how does Christmas with your mom usually work?" I ask as Lucas puts our suitcases and gifts in the trunk and I gave Jake a toy to play with for the drive to his parents house.

"Well we go over on Christmas Eve, like we are now, and we just stay for Christmas and celebrate as a family. It's like the dinners we always have but you get to meet my older sister, Liz, and her two kids and husband." he said getting into the drivers seat, starting the car.

"They're already there?"

"They live pretty far so the come up early and leave usually after New Years."

"Well that sounds like fun, having everyone close to you around this time of year."

We sat in a comfortably silence with Jake making random noises in the back, before Lucas' phone vibrated from where he left it in the cup holder.

"Can you check and see who that is for me please?"

"Sure." I reach over and look at the lock screen to see who texted him.

"Who is it?"

"It's Brian. He says he cant make it because his girlfriend wanted him to meet her family, I didn't even know he had a girlfriend."

"Yeah he's been talking about her for a while, says they're getting pretty serious."

"Well that's too bad, I was looking forward to seeing him again."

Lucas drove the rest of the way to Lisa's house in a comfortable silence as Jake made random babbles in the back seat.

When we reached Lisa's house there was already on van in the driveway, which I'm assuming is Lucas' sister Liz. Lucas parked the car on the driveway, behind his sister's and took the key out of the ignition. I took Jake out of his seat and walked up to the door while Lucas got our stuff out of the trunk.

John opened the door when I knocked and Lisa came barrelling behind him. She hugged Jake and I while ushering me inside and taking him out of my arms.

While John went outside to help Lucas with our suitcases and the presents, Lisa brought me into the kitchen where a woman with blonde hair was sitting.

"Liz darling, this is Jessica, Lucas' fiancée."

"Hi, nice to meet you." she gave me a tight smile glancing at my stomach and looked back at Lisa. "Where's Lucas?"

"He's outside with John, bringing their stuff in." she said bouncing Jake on her lap.

We sat in an uncomfortable silence before a man with curly dark hair and brown eyes walked into the kitchen with two boys sitting on his feet as he walked, one with brown eyes and blonde hair and the other blue eyes and dark brown hair.

"Hey, I'm Sean." he held out a hand for me to shake. I introduced myself after shaking his hand and got a much warmer response than from his wife.

"These are the boys, Cameron," he pointed to the one with brown hair and blue eyes, "and this is Danny." he said pointing to the one with blonde hair and brown eyes.

They both gave a cute smile before running back to wherever they came from with Sean. A few minutes later Lucas and John walked in, Lucas giving Sean a man hug before coming and giving me a kiss.

"Hey Liz." he smiles and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey there baby brother, why didn't you tell me you were engaged and having a baby and already have a baby."