Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It's Monday. I'm bored and alone. Lucas is at work and so was Lisa, so I had nobody to keep me company except for the twins in my tummy. I turn the TV onto TLC and go to the kitchen to make myself some cereal for breakfast.

After two episodes of 'I Didn't Know I was Pregnant' ,three cereal bowls later and a glass of orange juice later, I was bored out of my mind. I tried to distract myself by playing on my  phone and surfing the internet but nothing seems to work.

I go into the kitchen to look for a cook book of some sort. I ended up having to look online, after fifteen minutes of unsuccessful looking I gave up, found some mozzarella sticks in the freezer and popped them into the oven.

Half way through my sixth mozza stick, someone knocked on the door. On the other side of the door was a man with blonde hair, green eyes, a nice tan and a friendly smile.

"C'mon Luc, I know you're in there."

Opening the door I answer him, "He isn't home yet." his eyes widen in surprise.

"I didn't know he had a pretty lady friend over, or I would've came much earlier."

"Hi, I'm Jess." I extend my hand for him to shake.

"Brian, it's a pleasure to meet you." he shakes my hand, then walks inside as I close the door.

"So, what lie did he tell you to get you to go out with him?" he asks sitting on the couch while simultaneously stealing one of my mozza sticks.

"I came here willingly, he didn't have to tell me a lie."

"What lies are you telling my fiancée?" Lucas asks coming into the living room. I didn't even know he was home.

"Lucas, what are you doing home so early? I question, mostly because it's only six in the evening.

"I had nothing scheduled for the rest of the day so I decided to come home." he replied giving me a peck on the lips.

He's never done that before, but then I remembered it's all for show because Brian's here.

"Whoa, fiancée? When did this happen? And why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend bro, you can't just not tell me you're getting married-"

"She's pregnant too." he interrupts while sitting down and putting his arm around me.

"Wow, great friend you are. So now I'm going to be an uncle/ god-father and you have the audacity to tell me now?" Brian wipes away some imaginary tears

"Oh Brian's using big boy words." Lucas exclaims in fake excitement.

"Lucas don't be a big bully."

"Luc, this is a ride or die friendship and you're about to die." Brian says.

The two of them continue to go back and forth while I just sit here quietly with my head resting on his shoulder, finishing my mozza sticks. Soon enough I take out my phone and order delivery Chinese food online.

The doorbell rings, not that they even noticed, and I grab some money from my wallet and pay the delivery man. Lucas and Brian notice my existence when I come back into the living room with a plate of Chinese food.

"Jess, when did you get food?" Lucas asks as I place myself back in his arms.

"While you two ladies were arguing." I take a bite of the lemon chicken.

They both get up and speed walk to the kitchen for food, coming back with plates with food piled to the top making a small hill of food. They come back to their original spots on the couch.

"That's a lot of food." I feel sick just thinking of eating it.

"We are men, we need lots of food." Brian says hitting his chest with the hand that isn't holding his fork.

The rest of the night is filled with laughter and stories, mostly from Brian, not that I minded because he is hilarious. As the night winded down Brian went home, and Lucas and I cleaned up the kitchen washing dishes together as if we have been doing this forever.

"You know I thought I was going to have to  be a stripper."

"What?"

"Yeah I didn't know who you were or how to contact you and all that so I thought I was going to have to be a stripper to provide for this baby which I now know is two."

"How did you end up finding me."

"Oh, I met this girl in the pharmacy I went to so I could do a pregnancy test, her name was Maggie, and I explained what you looked like to her and she showed me a picture of you and told me your name."

Maggie? Did you get her last name?"

"Nope, only her first and her number, which I should probably call."

"Hmm...okay." we went back to doing the dishes, then went upstairs to our separate bedrooms when we finished.

After I took a nice hot shower I searched high and low looking for Maggie's number before locating my cell phone and calling her. The phone rings for a while before the familiar voice answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey Maggie? It's Jessica, I was the girl in the pharmacy from a little while back who was looking for my baby daddy."

"Oh, I was wondering what happened to you. So how did it go?"

"Well I'm currently in his apartment so pretty well actually."

"I'm so glad things worked out." she exclaims

"So, how are you doing?"

"Pretty good, I'm actually flying to New York soon for a family thing so maybe we could meet up and chat."

"Yeah that would be amazing, it gets kind of lonely when Lucas goes to work, but um Maggie, can I ask you a quick question?"

"Yeah, hit me."

"How did you know I was talking about Lucas when I explained him to you?"

She chuckles, "I knew I forgot to tell you something. I'm his cousin."

*****

All done. So what do you guys think of the book so far?

Not to sure if I'm going to post during the break, I might but probably just one chapter depending, but enjoy yourselves.

I was brought to my attention that in chapter 8 I put Lucas' mom's name as Lily instead of Lisa, so that has been changed, sorry about an confusion.

Have and amazing day, afternoon, evening and night