Chapter 27

Chapter 27   *Not Edited*

"A visitor? Who?" Lucas questions as he walks to the front door.

"Hi."

"What are you doing here?"

"Honestly, I'm not too sure. I guess I just wanted to see what was going on with him you know?"

"No, I don't. Because I wouldn't leave my child on some strangers doorstep." Lucas exclaims.

"You aren't a stranger you're his father!"

"It takes a lot more than just having a kid to make someone a father. I lost valuable months of his life and when I finally know he even exists, you weren't even there to explain anything."

"I'm sorry. I just, I wasn't in the right state of mind..." Lacey trails off.

Deciding to let them talk this out themselves I let Lucas know I'm taking the kids upstairs and walk towards the living room where we left them. Seeing that there are three kids and I only have two arms Lucas comes to help me while Lacey silently waits downstairs.

We let the kids play in Jakes room as Lucas pulls me off to the corner.

"I don't like this." Lucas tells me point blank.

"Well it's not like any of us expected her to come back or anything but I guess we're just going to have to roll with the punches and be very aware of what she's doing."

"I don't know how you're so calm about this, about everything. I'm just so thankful for you for sticking with me on this entire journey, no matter how messy it has been." Lucas smiles and gives me a kiss.

"Okay here's the game plan, you go downstairs and scope her out see what she wants but don't beat around the bush if you don't have to." I say in a semi-serious voice.

"Don't you worry, after everything this family has been through I refuse to let another person try and tear us apart." Lucas grabs my hands and places a kiss on my knuckles.

"Do you want me to stay here and wait or should I take the kids and go to your mothers house or something?"

"I want you here but I don't want to worry about the kids you know. If you do you I would rather you didn't stay out long like go to lunch or have coffee or something."

"Okay I'll call her and if she's free the kids and I will pay her a visit. Now you get downstairs, the sooner you start talking the sooner she'll leave."

"Alright, you call mom and I'll go back downstairs." Lucas gives me a chaste kiss before making his way out of the room and downstairs.

"Okay lady and gentlemen, I guess it's just us now." I say

The only one I get some sort of response from is Jake with a cute little squeal. Allowing them to play a while longer I take out my phone to give Lisa a call and see what she's up to.

The phone rings for a while before someone answers the line.

"Bob's Pizza may I take your order?"

I'm about to respond when I hear Lisa yelling in the background telling Maggie she can't answer the phone like that.

"Hey Maggie are you guys doing anything today?"

"Not that I know of, why do you guys wanna do something?"

"Well I was thinking of coming by and bringing the kids. Maybe grab a bite to eat and do some shopping."

"Wow you must be really desperate to get out of the house."