Chapter 12

Chapter 12  *Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter, It's really important. And that video is absolutely hilarious.*

"So we need a stroller, a crib, baby monitor, bibs, binky, baby blankets, clothes, soon he's gonna need a highchair, maybe a few toys to keep him entertained, bottles, a bottle warmer, diapers, a changing station, a baby bath and a gate for the stairs for when he starts crawling." Lisa lists' off as Lucas and I sit on the couch with Jake in his carrier.

"Did I miss anything?" she asks us.

"I don't think so but mom how did you know we were going shopping today?"

"Well there's a baby in a house with no baby things, if you weren't going shopping today I would've made you come with me anyways." she tucks he list into her purse. "Now lets get a move on, so much to do so little time."

"C'mon Jess, she won't let out let's just get this over with." Lucas says pulling me up from the couch and taking Jake's carrier in his hand.

Five hours, three baby stores, one lunch break and one sleeping baby later we were back at the penthouse with a mountain of things for Jake and some for the twins. The crib was going to be delivered later today along with the changing station, the only other thing that needs to be done is getting Jake's room ready by taking out the old furniture, painting and putting in the new furniture.

Lisa decided that she was going to cook us dinner, Lucas stayed in the living room with a napping Jake and I went into the kitchen to help Lisa.

"Anything I can do to help?"

"Could you cut up some vegetables for me please?" she said getting a pot ready.

"Sure. What are you making?" I ask getting out the carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower.

"Some good ol' stir fry."

After cutting up the vegetables, I took out some peanut butter and dipped the remaining in it. Oddly it tasted really good.

"So how are you Jess?"

"I've been pretty good even though I have odd cravings, I feel like my bladder is the size of a peanut and my back hurts sometimes but all in all I've been pretty good." I reply taking a bit out of the peanut butter covered carrot.

"That's not what I meant. I was talking about with Jake being here and all." she dumps the vegetables into the wok pot with the already cooked chicken

"Oh, well that's fine to I guess, I don't think I know what you mean."

"How are you coping? I mean there's a new baby in the house that isn't even yours and your pregnant with twins, I don't think any woman can handle that all easily. There's already a lot on your plate."

"I'm fine with it. Jake happened before Lucas and I were even an item, I don't really have a reason to be mad. Yes there is another child in this house who just so happens not to be mine, but I would never treat him differently because of that. It isn't his fault that all of this is happening, he's an innocent baby, the only person I could even be slightly upset with is his mother."

"You are going to make an amazing mother." Lisa smiles at me.

"Thanks Lisa. I appreciate that." I smile and we get back to finishing the stir fry.

Soon enough we were done cooking and shared out the food into bowls, bringing them into the living room where Lucas and Jake were waiting. Lisa decided to take hers  home along with some for John, to let us have some alone time.

I make a bottle for Jake and put it in the bottle warmer. When it was finished I shook is, tested the temperature on my wrist and brought it out to the living room where he and Lucas were, along with the food.

The TV was play some movie that I couldn't remember the name to, but it seemed to be good to be able to catch and hold both Lucas and Jake's attention. I set the food down on the coffee table and take Jake into my arms.

"Oh no it's fine I'll feed him, you eat." he said reaching out for Jake again.

"No you eat, I feed him. I'm fine I was eating while we made this anyways." I say putting the nipple of the bottle in Jake's awaiting mouth.

I fed Jake then myself, after we finished eating Lucas put the dishes in the dishwasher and followed me upstairs to put Jake to bed. The furniture was delivered  but we decided to do that another day so Jake was still in the carrier in the room.

When Jake fell asleep we went into Lucas' room and started getting ready for bed; I showered in his bathroom and he generously took the guest bathroom. When I walked out of the steam filled bathroom I saw Lucas lying down on the bed reading a book in only his pyjama pants that were hanging dangerously low on his hips.

My hormones are not helping me right now.

I get under the covers and Lucas puts his book on the night side table and got under the covers with me. He turned off the lamp so I could only barely see the outline of his body.

I turned my body so my back was facing his front.

"Today was a very productive day." I whisper..

"Yeah it was good, even though mom was the one buying practically everything." his minty breath fanned the nape of my neck.

"Yeah, but she was only trying to help. It was very nice of your mom to come and help us like that."

"Yeah, she can be pushy and overbearing sometimes, but I love her nevertheless." his arm goes over my waist and I snuggle my body into his.

"We should get some sleep. It's going to be a long day tomorrow, getting Jake's room together and everything."

"Okay, goodnight." I whisper closing my eyes letting sleep take over.

The last  thing I remember before falling asleep was a soft peck on my shoulder.

*****

I finally got it up. It's been a while and I sorry. So I Probably won't be able to update for a while because I have exams coming up and there are last minute tests and projects that teachers are assigning so the next chapter might take a while but it should hopefully be up before the end of the month.

On a brighter note, I'm starting a new book. To be honest I have two drafts of two different books that I could publish so when I post the next chapter I'm going to post the summary and tittle of each and let me know which you guys are most interested in reading sooner.

Also check out @ Asylum_Irwin,  her book Human is honestly and truly really good so check it out see if you like it.

American Horror Story season is over and I don't know what to do. Season 6 better come quick.

Have an astounding day, afternoon, evening and night.