Chapter 14

Chapter 14 🚼16 weeks pregnant (4 months)🚼

It's been about a month since Mel announced she was leaving for California, and she's been gone for two weeks now. Lisa was heartbroken to see her daughter leave, she keeps on blaming herself for driving her away to the other side of the country.

I personally don't think Lisa made Mel leave. She was offered a job, one that she's always wanted, and I guess she was just deciding if she should take it or not. At least that's what I told Lisa to make her feel a bit better.

Thankfully Mel promised to be here for the birth of the twins. We have been texting and calling each other whenever we get the chance. She isn't officially starting until the new school year, but they wanted her over there to get used to the environment and figure out her living arrangements.

Lucas and I just left the OB/GYN and are currently on our way to get Jake from John and Lisa's house.

"Are you excited?" I ask Lucas.

"For what?"

"We get to find out the genders of the babies next visit." I say ecstatic, I've been waiting to find out the gender for so long, and as the weeks come closer the more excited I get.

"I'm not sure if I want to know the genders."

Hold the phone, he what?

"What do you mean you don't want to know?"

"I'm not sure if I want to be surprised yet. Don't you like surprises?"

"Well yeah but I would rather know if I'm pushing a girl or a boy out of my vag-"

"I get it." he interrupts me, not wanting to hear the word.

"So you'll put your dick in it but won't let me say it?"

"Precisely."

"Oh come on it's not that bad." I try to convince him.

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"Come on say it with me. Va-gi-na."

"Stop."

"My coochie."

"Jessica."

"My lady bits."

"Seriously."

"My hoo-ha."

"I'm going to ignore you now."

"Female genitalia"

All he does is sigh and focus on the road.

"Alright, I'm done now."

"Thank you." he says after a few moments.

I lean over and whisper in his ear, "Pussy." and sit back down.

"Really, Jess, really." I can see him looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

"Okay now I'm done. For real this time."

We start up a new conversation for the rest of the ride to Lisa's house to get Jake.

When we reach the house and Lucas takes the key out of the ignition and we walk up the porch steps and ring the bell. John opens the door and ushers us inside.

"Lisa's in the kitchen with Jake." he says walking towards the kitchen.

As we get closer we can hear Jake's noises, now that he's ten weeks old, two and a half months, he's started cooing and smiling at people.