three-[edited]

Ameenah

I was currently waiting to be picked up from the airport. My parents didn't even care to call and see if I landed. I tried calling but no one answered. I looked around and saw an older women walking towards me with an older guy. I look closely and realized it was the women in the picture my dad sent to me, my grandmother.

"Ameenah, look at how big you've gotten..my grand baby" she smiled with teary eyes as she stood in front of me.

"Hi" I said feeling awkward as I stood in front of my grandma.

"Don't be shy girl, I'm family..call me Mama Nita" she laughed pulling me in for a hug.

"Sorry" I said hugging her back.

"This is your cousin, Ahmeer" she smiled introducing me to the guy behind her.

"Wassup cous" he laughed making me feel less nervous as he gave me a hug.

"Lets go get you situated at the house" Mama Nita smiled grabbing one of my bags. I grabbed as many as could while Ahmeer took the rest.

____________

"We're here...don't worry bout your bags I got em" Ahmeer said as we all got out the car.

"Okay thanks" I said getting out and closing the door behind. I followed my grandmother into the house where I saw twin girls sitting in the living room watching some show. They looked to be about my age. One was on the floor getting her hair braided by the other. When they saw us the one getting her hair braided rolled her eyes and turned back around and the bother just smiled giving a small wave before going back to what she was doing.

"Toni-Ann and Symone, this is your cousin Ameenah" Mama Nita said introducing us.

"Hey" I smiled trying to be nice but the same one with the attitude didn't even acknowledge.

"Hey I'm Toni-Ann but you can just call me Toni" the other twin said getting up and surprising me with a hug. Even though I was caught off guard I still hugged her back.

"She'll be attending the same school as you guys and your the same age so introduce her to your friends. Not them fast ones either and show her where her room is" Mama Nita said before heading upstairs.

"I brought your bags up there already, I'll be in my room if y'all need me" Ahmeer said before leaving.

"Are you going to finish my hair or keep talking to Ms.Bougie" the other twin said who would be Symone with a stink face.

"Excuse me" I asked surprised I barely knew this girl and she was getting smart.

"Stop being a bitch, you don't even know her and I'm done" Toni said to her before turning around her rolling her eyes.

"I'll show you your room, it's right next to mine" she said walking up the stairs. I followed her all the way down the hall passing a few rooms before she stopped at the very last one.

"This is your room" she said motioning for me to walk in."Are you going to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, what time do I have to be up?" I asked as I opened the empty drawers and put some of my clothes in. It was Sunday so I didn't have a choice but to start school.

"Ahmeer usually drops us off so be ready by 7:30 or I drive my car when he works"

"Okay cool, thank Toni" I smiled.

"No problem, we going to the park to chill later you want to go?" She asked.

"Yeah I'll go"

__________

Toni-ann parked the car pulling up to the park. Mama Nita made us use the car since the park wasn't too close and she didn't want us walking if it got too late. We got out walking up to a group of boys and girls.

"Hey y'all this is our cousin Ameenah, she came here from New York" Toni-ann said introducing me to her group of friends.

"Hey I'm Paula" one girl said waving to me. She was a pretty dark skin girl with a cute burgundy bob. Even though she wasn't wearing form fitting clothes, I could tell she had curves.

"I'm Xiomara but you can call me Mara" a slim lightskin girl said with long black hair.

"I'm Marcus but you can call me baby daddy" he said smiling at me earning a punch from Xiomara.

"I'm Aaleeyah, you pretty girl I love your hair" the last girl of the group said smiling at me. I smiled back and thanked her.

"Damn you pretty for a dark skin girl, I'm Sean" one of the last two boys left said. I made a face at him because I hated when people said things like that.

"Nigga why the fuck your ignorant ass say that" the last boy said looking at me. I looked at him and he was cute, I looked at the freckles on his light skin.

"Man I'm just saying, she bad" Sean said looking me up and down.

"Your disgusting that's why I broke up with your stupid ass" Paula said rolling her eyes at him.

"Sean you look so much better when you shut the fuck up" Aaleeyah said rolling her eyes. While Marcus shook his head.

"Okay y'all met her, can we go get some food" Symone said with an attitude. I didn't know what her problem was. Although I didn't know her, she was family so I was going to try to refrain from smacking her.

"Then go if you so hungry, you got an attitude for what?" Toni-ann told her.

"Chill out, lets just go" Marcus said. Everyone began walking but I just lagged in the back texting Mikayla on my phone.

"I'm Jesse" I heard from beside me. I saw it was the light skin boy with freckles.

"Thanks for what you said, I deal with that ignorance on a daily" I shook my head referring to what Sean had said to me.

"I just call people out when they saying bullshit, it was nothing" he shrugged. I looked down biting my lips. I would lying if I said he wasn't attractive. Maybe moving to Cali wouldn't be such a bad thing. I looked up and saw Symone giving me a dirty look as I walked with Jesse. I was about ready to confront her, the bullshit was becoming annoying.

I came from money but I had a little hood in me.

__________

What's Symone's problem?

naya 🤘🏾