58

Ameenah

I turned over in bed groaning as my cellphone rang. I sat up and looked over at Clyde, who was still sleeping. I looked at the name flashing and realized it was Aaleeyah calling.

"Hello" I answered groggily.

"He moved Ameenah!" she exclaimed into the phone.

"Who moved?" I asked confused on what she was talking about.

"Dontavian! I was telling him about everything and his fingers twitched."

"Are you sure because--" I stood now fully awake from what she said. I had been praying that he would be okay but even I wasn't too sure if it would really happen.

"The doctors didn't believe me either but they are running test. Can you come down here?" She asked.

"Yeah I'll be there in a minute" I nodded as if she could see me. We said our goodbyes then hung up.

"You leaving?" Clyde asked walking out of his bathroom with a tooth brush. I didn't even realize he left the room.

"Yeah" I answered grabbing my clothes. I couldn't just throw my clothes on and leave so I walked pass him and turned on the shower.

"Where you going?" he asked turning the sink on and grabbing his toothpaste.

"The hospital" I replied.

"Everything good?" He paused what he was doing and looked at me.

"Yeah Aaleeyah thinks that she saw Dontavian move"

"Oh forreal, I hope he's good. I ain't know him personally but that nigga seemed chill."

"Yeah he's a good person" I smiled.

"Y'all ain't ever..." Clyde said.

"Eww no he's like family"

"I'm just asking" he laughed holding his hands up in surrender.

"Mhmm" I replied sliding the shower curtain to the side and feeling the shower water. It was steaming hot so I turned around and looked at Clyde so he could step out.

"I'm brushing my teeth" he laughed staring at me through mirror.

"Okay close your eyes then" I said folding my arms. He closed his eyes and I quickly slid my clothes off and stepped in the shower.

"I like that beauty mark you got" he laughed making me throw the unopened box of bar of soap at him. I knew he wasn't talking about the one on my face.

_________

"Hey" I smiled hugging Aaleeyah.

"Hey, they confirmed it, they did nerve test and he gained back some mobility in his fingers. I know its small but--"

"No thats amazing considering what the doctors were saying before" I smiled wiping away some tears from my eyes. I was so happy that there was a higher chance of him being okay.

"I know but I don't know if he's gonna want to deal with me if he fully recovers" she looked down. What Aaleeyah had done was a little foul but I didn't want her to beat herself up about it. We all make mistakes but we have to just learn from it and move on.