53

2 Weeks Later

Ameenah

I sat on the couch and wrapped my arms around Dontavians mother as she cried. Since I had grown close to him, she wanted me in the room with her and her husband while the doctor delivered the news. The doctor did all they could but because of the gunshot left him paralyzed. He would have to live on machines for the rest of his live.

"He doesn't deserve this, he never gave trouble" she cried. I blinked my eyes repeatedly to stop the tears that waned to pour. His father couldn't even handle the news so he was outside pacing the hallway. It turns out he knows my father and they're working together to build a case, they wanted that officer fired and they didn't want him working again.

"I need some air" she breathed standing up. She walked over to Dontavians side placed a kiss on his forehead before leaving. He was awake but he couldn't move or respond to anything. Dozens of machines were hooked up to keep him breathing. The only thing he could do was blink. He wanted his parents to just let him go but they couldn't pull the plug on him.

I took a deep breathe before getting up and dragging a chair close to his bed. Grabbing his hand, I gave it a little squeeze.

"I know you probably suffering like this but I don't wanna lose you Donnie" I spoke shakily.

"You're my bestfriend and the only person who understands me"

"I couldn't imagine living my life and not being able to call you when I needed something. Before shît hit the fan with Clyde, Aaleeyah and I joked about having our weddings together." I smiled a little and wiped my tears. Dontavians mother didn't allow anyone who wasn't family besides me in so Aaleeyah wasn't able to see him.

"I know the doctors said you're paralyzed and it's permanent but God has the final say so" I nodded trying to believe me words. I knew God did miracles and hoped he worked it here. Dontavian isn't like some of these guys out here, he has his head on right and he wanted to be something in life.

I gave his hand another squeeze as I say tears fall out of his eyes. I grabbed some tissues and wiped his tears then wiped mine.

"I love you Donnie" I said before placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Im gonna go get your peoples, I know they want to talk to you alone" I said before leaving.

"Hey" I said plainly when I came in the room that Toni was in.

"Oh you're speaking to me? I heard you and Symone threw the blame on me"

"Threw blame? I told them play by play what happened while we're in the car. I told them the truth Toni"

"You and Symone are really sisters, you're just like me so I guess that's why we clash" she shrugged.

"No offense but I'm nothing like you" I chuckled shaking my head.

"We are but you just weren't born in the exact same place as me. You seek attention from every guy that comes into your life cause you got daddy issues. I bet when your able to be on your own, your gonna be with a different guy each month"

"I came in here to check on your ass, and you're acting like some bitch"

"I don't need anybody okay, they got me handcuffed to a bed and a guard outside my door. I might be going to jail so I don't give a fuck about being a bitch" she said leaning back.

"Crazy" I mumbled before walking out.

Symone

"You're healing pretty well" the nurse said smiling and bouncing around like I was suppose to be in a good mood about only having one legs. Part of my leg got crushed in the crash so they had to amputate from the knee down.

"Yeah soon I'll have my entire leg back" I said getting smart.

"I know it's hard--"

"Do you? You have a missing leg or other missing body part? Cause if you do then I okay but if not then just do what you're suppose to do and get out" I snapped. She gave me a small smile and quickly finished up and left the room.

"That's the second intern you ran out of this room" the doctor laughed coming into my room.

"She's was too bouncy and smiling as if I'm suppose to be happy about this" I rolled my eyes.

"Symone, you can make this process harder than what it needs to be. We can start your path to healing and talk about therapy in the future and maybe the idea of prosthetics. You're healing pretty well already so you're off to a good start" he smiled.

"Yeah my amazing life as a teenage handicap, sounds amazing doc" I gave him a fake smile and turned away from him. He quietly did what needed to be done then he left not before stopping to say something.

"You survived, you lost a leg but you didn't lose your life, don't make this stop you from living" she smiled. I took a deep breath thinking about her words, my situation was bad, I could make the best of it or make it worse.

_________________