2

I enter the dark pub and I make my way over to the bar. I sit on a stool away from the guys that are already sitting here.

The bartender walks over to me. "Hey, darling. What can I get you?"

"A vodka and orange."

He pours the drink for me and places it on the bar. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I shake my head. "No, thank you. I'd prefer to drink this than talk. The conversations I've had today have been pointless and I want to forget everything that's happened."

A guy starts waving at the bartender.

I point to the guy. "You better take care of that customer. He may get a little annoyed if he can't get his drink."

I take a sip from my drink.

A tall guy with dark hair, blue eyes, tanned skin, muscular sits next to me. He looks me up and down and then licks his lips. "Davis, I'll have the usual."

The bartender nods. "I'll have it ready for you in a minute."

The guy turns to me. "Hey, sweetheart. What brings you to the bar?"

I ignore him and take a drink from the glass in my hand.

People start walking into the bar and a DJ starts to set his equipment in the corner.

A woman walks over to the guy and she places her hand on him. "Do you want to get out of here?"

He shakes his head. "Not tonight. I have company." He puts his arm around me and I shake it off.

The girl walks away.

I turn to him. "Why would you do that?"

He moves his arm away from me. "I didn't want to leave with a girl I've already had One Night with her and I don't need a repeat."

I finish my drink and order another one.

The bartender places it in front of me.

"Thanks." I play with the straw in my drink.

A song I like comes on and I finish off my drink before stepping of the stool. I walk to the dance floor and sway my hips to the beat of the music.

I'm enjoying the music when strong tanned arms are wrapped around me and I'm pulled into strong arms.

He whispers. "I saw you dancing and I wanted to know how you'd feel in my arms."

I roll my arms. In a seductive voice I ask. "How do I feel in your arms?"

"It feels like heaven. I want to take you home for the weekend. Would you like that?"

I turn towards the guy and see that it was the one at the bar.

Yes, I want to go home with you.

"You'll have to dance and buy me a couple more drinks before I go anywhere with you."

He laughs. "I have to stay a little while anyway. I'll let Davis know to give you whatever you want."

I wrap my arms around his neck and we away to the music.

He looks over the top of my head. "I have a meeting I have to get to. Don't leave here without me. Are you going to tell me your name?"

I shake my head. "Names are pointless for one night stands."

He laughs. "What if it's a two night stand?"

I smile. "I don't want to know your name. This will be easier when I walk away from you Monday morning."