12.5

Zeke stayed with me at the hospital until I was released. He made my stay there better.

Jaime never visited me once while I was in the hospital which wasn't surprising. We never got along growing up. So, I didn't expect it to change when we grew up.

The morning of my release the police enter the hospital. "Hi, I'm Detective Finn and this is my partner Detective Spence. We are here about the car accident you were involved in on the 12th December. We did our investigation and we have come to the conclusion that it was attempted murder. Can you think of anyone with a grudge against you?"

I shake my head. "No,  I can't think of anyone."

They turn to Zeke. "What about you son?"

He shrugs. "My father has a lot of enemies and they know what my fathers limo looks like. So, it could have been them."

Seriously! This could have been something for Mr Collins or the target was indeed me?

"Thanks, Detectives. I wish I was more help than I was."

They turn towards the door. Detective Finn turns to me. "If anything else happens please give us a call."

I nod. "I will."

The detectives leave the room and Zeke pulls me into a hug. "I'm going to have someone look into this. I need to make sure you're safe. I can't live without you."

I touch his face. "Don't you ever say a thing like that to me again. If anything happens to me I want you to find love again. It may not feel as good as this one." I place a hand over his heart. "This needs to be shared."

He kisses me and he tastes like mint. He deepens the kiss and climbs onto the bed with me.

Someone clears there throat and we turn in the direction of the noise and see a nurse standing there. "Hello, I'm nurse Garrett and I have your release forms and the results of the blood and urine tests."

I hold onto Zeke's hand.

He kisses my palm and turns his attention back to the nurse.

She looks at the piece of paper. "You're pregnant. The Doctor wants to put you in bed rest until you have recovered from the accident."

I smile. "Thank you, nurse Garrett."

The nurse looks at us. "I'll leave you to fill out the forms and the news that you're pregnant."

Zeke picks me up and spins me around. "We're going to be parents. You've made me the happiest man of the planet and it's not even Christmas yet."

I sign the release forms. While Zeke gets a wheel chair for me.

When Zeke returns he helps me into the chair and he pushes me out to the nurses station.

I give them the release forms and they give me the prescription forms.

Zeke looks at the form. "We'll get the prescription on the way to mine."

He pushes me out of the hospital and into the parking lot where his car is parked. He owns a four wheel drive.

How's he supposed to get me into that black beast.

He sighs. "I'm going to need some help getting you inside my car."

I look closely at the car and I see hand bars on the car. "Can you lift me into the car and I'll get in using the hand bars."

He lifts me up and I grab onto the bars and I pull myself into the seat.

I buckle my seatbelt and wait for Zeke to jump in the car.

He pulls the car onto the road and he drives straight to the pharmacy. As he pulls into the parking lot he turns to me. "Do you want to come in?"

I shake my head. "It's too much work getting in and out of the car. Please, hurry."

Zeke runs into the pharmacy.

I turn the volume up on the radio and I sing along to the 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas.'

Zeke exits the store and climbs into the car.

He starts the car and drives towards his house.

On the way to the house we see an ambulance, three fire engines and two cops fly past us.

Zeke pulls into his street and we see half of it has been cornered off. He pulls over and climbs out of the car. "Do you want to see what's going on?"

I nod.

He walks to the back of the car and pulls out the wheel chair. He helps me out of the car.

I sit in the wheelchair and push my way over to the crowd.

The Detectives from the hospital see me and they walk over. "What are you doing here?"

Zeke stands next to me. "I live in the Collins Apartments."

The detectives shake their heads. "We got a bomb threat from your apartment complex. You're in danger."

Zeke pulls out his phone and he starts cursing at the person on the other end of line.

Why is all this happening to us? Don't we deserve a break from this persons grudge?

I push myself back to the car and I wait for Zeke to get off the phone.

Zeke runs over to me and he helps me into the car. "Let's go to my Father's place. He has some explaining to do with everything that's happening. I don't want to continue to put our child and you in harms way."

I look at him as my eyes start to water. "Are you going to break up with me?" I place a hand on my stomach.

He shakes his head. "No, I'll put you in hiding until it's safe to return to me."

I hiccup. "I don't want to leave you. You will regret it if you do."

Zeke's hand tightens on the steering wheel as he drives to his Father's place.

The gates open to Collin's Manor. Zeke drives up the gravel drive and stops in front of a huge white mansion.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Sorry for the late update. I went to the movies yesterday and watched Daddy's Home. It was a great movie.