15

I lie my head on Zeke's shoulder. I look at Mr Collins. "Mr Collins, do you know who is after us?"

He sighs. "I screwed over two people on my Quest to make a bigger name in my company. At first I originally planned for your sister Chloe to marry Dean Sanchez on New Year's and then I changed my mind about merging the companies. Then I went to Jaycee's father and had arranged for you marry Jaycee and then I changed my mind about you marrying her. I thought the sister might be better for you. Then you stuffed everything up for us."

I sit up and shake my head. "I can't believe you're fucking with everyone's lives. Why would you put two of your children through arranged marriages?" I turn to Zeke and then back to his to Dad. "What if Chloe and Dean are in love and you fucked everything up with them by backing out of the merger?" I rise and point at Mr Collins. "You are a selfish arsehole. Who I don't want around our child."

I storm out of the room and I open a white door that leads to the kitchen. I grab a glass from the cupboard and I fill it up with water. I put the glass on the bench and jump on the counter. I bring the glass to my lips and drink.

Through the door I hear Zeke. "I hate you right now, Dad. Jaycee recently found out she's pregnant and this kind of stress isn't good for her or the baby."

His Dad says. "I'm sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing for Chloe and you. I didn't expect that you two would fall in love with the people I arranged for you to marry."

I move toward the door and listen to Zeke. "I didn't know who she was when I fell for Jaycee. I fell for the woman I met in a bar that refused to know my name. All I wanted to know was her name the entire time I was with her for two nights. I was supposed to have a third night with her and you ruined that for me, as that was the night she went to her parents place. Then she was put in the back of your limo. If it hadn't been for the accident I would be with her sister, but, I would be wanting Jaycee." I run my hand through my hair.

I hear someone kick the front door and a pretty blonde storms in. She walks over to Mr Collins and she slaps him across the face. "What did you do?" she yells.

What's going on?

The girl hits Mr Collins again.

Zeke pulls the girl away from Mr Collins. He wraps his arms around her. "What's going on Chloe?"

Who is this girl?

Chloe sobs. "He's gone. It's that arseholes fault my fiancé is gone." She hits Zeke and cries in his arms.

What fiancé? Could he be the one doing this to me? He doesn't know me.

I enter the living room and look at Zeke with his arms wrapped around her. I shake my head and walk out of house.

As I make my way down the stairs I see a black Sports car make its way towards me. I scream and wrap my arms around my stomach before I throw myself on the grass. I shift myself so instead of landing on my stomach I land on my side.

My side aches from the impact and I turn to the tinted window of the car and a window winds down revealing no one inside and the window goes back up.

What the hell is that? Is someone using a remote for this car?

The car crashes through the front of the house and then I hear the horn beep.

I hear Zeke run out of the house. "Jaycee?"

I look at him with tears in my eyes. "I can't keep doing this, Zeke."

He pulls me into my arms as I sob. "I know sweetheart. You should find a better man to be with. My child deserves a better than me."

I grab his face. "That's not what I meant. I have a plan and I need you to be a part of it. Whoever is doing this will stuff up with my plan."

He places an arm around me. "What are we going to do?"

"I didn't see anyone in the car. They don't know if anyone was injured. So, I was thinking that we stage that I died when the car came through the house."

Zeke shakes his head. "You're scary when you plot things. But, I like this idea. I know whose car this is. It's Chloe's fiancé."

I frown. "That girl you were hugging was your sister?"

He nods and a smile spreads across his face. "You were jealous?"

"You know I was."

The detectives walk through the gate and stop in front of us.

I fold my arms. "Detectives, I have a plan to get whoever is behind this out in the open. I need you both to help with the plan."

"What do you need us to do?"

"I need you to get word out that Jaycee Lance is dead. She was killed by a run-away car at the Collins mansion." I turn to him. "Zeke I need you to go inside and tell your father that I'm dead. You couldn't save me and our baby." I kiss Zeke. "We need this behind us before Thursday. I really want to walk down the aisle on Friday." I push him to the door.

He stops at the top of the stairs and he looks at me.

I'm going to miss him. He's been with me for fourteen days straight and not once have we left each other sides.

He blows me a kiss and I grab it and put it on my lips. I blow him one and he grabs it places a hand over his heart. He mouths 'I love you.'

I mouth it back.

I lie on the grass and pretend I died. I hear the detectives on the phone as they call an ambulance.

I hear sirens in the distance.

I hear the tapping of heels as a woman walks over. "I am Judie More from channel six news and I'm reporting from The Collins Estate where a car drove through the gate and into a house. There has been a female casualty in the accident. If you have any information please call the local sheriff's station. This is Judie More signing out."

I hear the ambulance pull into the driveway. I am lifted onto a stretcher and a bag is placed over my body.

A detective says. "I'm coming with you."

I am placed into an ambulance and taken away.

The detective pulls the bag off me and I look at the medicine the ambulance officers have and I find a small bottle of chloroform. I pull out a hankie and put some on it. I cover the passenger ambulance driver's mouth with it.

I whisper in the driver's ear. "Pull over."

He pulls the ambulance over and I place the hankie over his mouth and wait for him to black out.

I look at the detective. "How far to the cabin?"

"It's about 1 mile. I can take you there."

I shake my head. "Sorry, detective. This is the end of the road for you." I sigh. "I'm sorry for what I'm about to do to you."

I punch him in the nose and then I cover his mouth with the chloroform hankie. I drop the hankie on the ground and jump out of the ambulance.

I walk to the cabin and when I get there I open the garage door to find a black car. I check the car out for location devices and camera's.

I don't want anyone looking for me.

I jump in the car and pull away from the cabin.

I don't know where I am going.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

I'm sorry if it sucks. I did have a better one but the idiot I am selected the whole chapter on the word document instead if pressing save I pushed the paste and deleted the whole chapter. This was the closest I could get to the one I originally wanted to post 😭

Any way 45 minutes until New Years in Sydney, Australia. For those in Australia Happy New Years Eve.