9.

Zeke POV

After Jaycee left my phone starts to ring and I climb out of bed. I look at the caller ID before I answer it.

Me: Hey, Dad.

Dad: Son, you're going out on a date with your wife. I changed my mind about you meeting her on the day of the wedding. You need to get ready now. Your future wife is expecting you at five.

Me: Dad, that's half an hour away.

Dad: Not, my problem. If you run late you'll be disrespecting our family name.

Me: Fine! I need to get ready. You should have called me earlier about it.

Dad: I did. You never answered your phone.

Me: I have to get ready.

I hang up on him and strip out of my clothes. I step in the shower.

After my shower I put on a suit and tie. I look at the time. I have fifteen minutes to drive eighteen block to Jaycee's house.

I grab my car keys and climb into my Black Mazda Sports Car. I put the keys in the ignition and drive toward my future wife's parents place.

I can't wait to see Jaycee descend the stairs at her place and throw herself into my arms. If it's not her that I'm going to marry I'm going to get angry. She's all mine.

On the drive to the house I see two ambulances, a fire truck and police speed past me.

What's going on?

As I get closer to the accident site. I see a Black stretch limo upside down. I feel a twist in my stomach and I feel a bit sick.

I open the door of my car and puke all over the road.

Why do I feel like this?

I slam the door shut and watch the fire department pry open the driver's door and the door at the back.

A police officer holds up the traffic until they get whoever is in there out. I feel sweat bead across my face and I wipe it away.

My heart starts to race as I see a male being put on the stretcher. I look closer at him and I recognise him.

He's my Dad's driver.

I send Dad a message and inform him about the accident and the driver being sent to the hospital.

The ambulance officer's put the driver into the ambulance and it speeds off.

The limo catches alight and I hear them yell to cut the girl free. I climb out of my car and I move forward. I push people aside and stop at the front of the crowd.

I watch as a girl with brown hair is pulled out of the limo and her hair covers her face.

Jaycee!

I rip the tape away and run over to the stretcher.

A police officer hold me back as I reach the stretcher.

I pull my arms away from him. "Please, I need to know if it's my wife."

The officer lets me go and I push the brown aside and I see that it is the woman I love. I look at the officer. "I need to go with her."

I climb into the back of the ambulance with the officer and the woman I now know isn't my wife.

You shouldn't be going with her. You're going to ruin the business deal with your father and hers.

I shake my head and clear the thoughts of the deal that our parents have.

The door to the ambulance is slammed shut and the driver climbs into the front seat and pulls the ambulance onto the road.

I watch the ambulance office put all these devices on her. She has blood coating her hair and her face is pale.

I wish there was something that I could do for her. She needs me.

I touch her hand. "Please, Jaycee. You can't leave me. I want to start a family with you." I have tears falling down my face.

She already has my heart in her hands and I won't be able to give it to another woman. Jaycee's sister doesn't deserve a man that loves another woman. She should be loved completely.

My phone starts to ring and I hit the ignore button. I swipe my finger across the screen and type Dad a message.

Dad, I couldn't make it to the Lance house because of the accident. Do you know who was in the back of the Limo with Hank?

My phone beeps with Dad's reply. Yes, it was Jaycee Lance. We had to get her away from you.

I frown at the phone.

What does he mean he had to get her away from me?

What do you mean you had to get her away from me?

Dad: She was supposed to be your wife. But, I thought you would be better suited to the sister.

I shake my head.

No, I wouldn't be.

I'm not going to marry the other Lance girl. I want to marry Jaycee. Tell the Lance Family I'm at the hospital with their daughter.

Dad: How do you know the daughter?

I spent the last two nights with her. I love her Dad.

Dad: I'm glad to hear it. I'll let the Lance family know about the accident and let them know you went to the hospital with Jaycee.

I put my phone in my pocket.

Jayce opens her eyes and she looks at me. "You shouldn't be here. Am I hallucinating you, Zeke?"

I shake my head. "No, baby. I'm here. Do you remember what happened?"

"I heard a pop and pop. Then the car started spinning and flipping over."

The machine starts to beep louder.

I hold her hand. "You need to calm down, Jaycee. When we get to the hospital the doctor's will look after you. I told my Dad I'm going to marry you." I brush her brown hair out of her face.

Jaycee's eyes open wide at my statement. She squeezes my hand and she whispers. "I love you."

The machine she's hooked to goes. 'Beeeeeeep!"

Noooooo!

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed the latest chapter of A wife for Christmas.