14

Zeke POV

I pull the car into my father's driveway and make the short trip up to the house with my fiancé next to me. I look over at Jaycee. "I hope we find out who's trying to kill us." I park the car next to my dad's.

I step out of the car and walk over to Jaycee's side and open the door for her. She steps out of the car and holds my hand. "I hope we can find them in four days. I want to walk down the aisle and marry on Christmas Day."

I place my arm around her shoulders and steer her toward the mansion. We climb twelve stairs before we're at the front door. I'm about to knock on the door when my father opens it.

He looks at Jaycee and then to me. "Come in, boy." Dad leads us to the lounge room and he sits across from us.

Jaycee lies her head on me. "Mr Collins, do you know who is after us?"

Dad sighs. "I screwed over two people on my Quest to make a bigger name in my company. At first I originally planned for your sister Chloe to marry Dean Sanchez on New Year's and then I changed my mind about merging the companies. Then I went to Jaycee's father and had arranged for you marry Jaycee and then I changed my mind about you marrying her. I thought the sister might be better for you. Then you stuffed everything up for us."

Jaycee sits up and shakes her head. "I can't believe you're fucking with everyone's lives. Why would you put two of your children through arranged marriages?" she turns to me and then to Dad she adds. "What if Chloe and Dean are in love and you fucked everything up with them by backing out of the merger?" She rises and points at my father. "You are a selfish arsehole. Who I don't want around our child."

She storms out of the room.

I look at my father. "I hate you right now, Dad. Jaycee recently found out she's pregnant and this kind of stress isn't good for her or the baby."

Dad sits up. "I'm sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing for Chloe and you. I didn't expect that you two would fall in love with the people I arranged for you to marry."

I rise. "I didn't know who she was when I fell for Jaycee. I fell for the woman I met in a bar that refused to know my name. All I wanted to know was her name the entire time I was with her for two nights. I was supposed to have a third night with her and you ruined that for me, as that was the night she went to her parents place. Then she was put in the back of your limo. If it hadn't been for the accident I would be with her sister, but, I would be wanting Jaycee." I run my hand through my hair.

I can't believe I'm being this honest with my father.

I hear someone kick the front door and Chloe comes storming in. She walks over to our father and she slaps him across the face. "What did you do?" she yells.

Chloe his Dad again.

I move toward my sister and pull her away from Dad. I wrap my arms around her. "What's going on Chloe?"

Chloe sobs. "He's gone. It's that arseholes fault my fiancé is gone." She hits me and cries in my arms.

Jaycee enter the living room and she sees me with my arms wrapped around her. She shakes her head and walks out of house.

A couple seconds after she's walked out the front a car drives through the house and crashes in the stairs. The horn starts to beep.

Chloe turns in my arms. She looks at it. "That's Dean's car." Her eye roll to the back of her head and then she collapses.

I run out of the house and I see Jaycee lying on her stomach.

She looks at me with tears in her eyes. "I can't keep doing this, Zeke."

I pull her into my arms and she sobs. "I know sweetheart. You should find a better man to be with. My child deserves a better than me."

She grabs my face. "That's not what I meant. I have a plan and I need you to be a part of it. Whoever is doing this will stuff up with my plan."

I place my arm around her. "What are we going to do?"

"I didn't see anyone in the car. They don't know if anyone was injured. So, I was thinking that we stage that I died when the car came through the house."

Zeke shakes his head. "You're scary when you plot things. But, I like this idea. I know whose car this is. It's Chloe's fiancé."

Jaycee frowns. "That girl you were hugging was your sister?"

I nod and a smile spreads across my face. "You were jealous?"

"You know I was."

The detectives walk through the gate and stop in front of us.

Jaycee folds her arms. "Detectives, I have a plan to get whoever is behind this out in the open. I need you both to help with the plan."

"What do you need us to do?"

"I need you to get word out that Jaycee Lance is dead. She was killed by a run-away car at the Collins mansion." She turns to me. "Zeke I need you to go inside and tell your father that I'm dead. You couldn't save me and our baby." She kisses me. "We need this behind us before Thursday. I really want to walk down the aisle on Friday." She pushes me to the door.

I take a last look at my beautiful fiancé.

I'm not going to see her until Friday.

I blow her a kiss and she grabs it and puts it on her lips. She blows me one and I grab it place my hand over my heart. I mouth 'I love you.'

She mouths it back.

I enter the house and put on a good show for my sister and father. As I tell them that fiancé was killed by the car that drove into the house.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of this chapter. I'll have another chapter up sometime tonight. 4 1/2 hours until New Years in Sydney. And I'm being lame by staying in and writing.

I can't think of any actors to play to Zeke and Jaycee. Let me know who you picture playing them?