12

I open my eyes and look at Zeke. :"You shouldn't be here. Am I hallucinating you, Zeke?"

He shakes his head. "No, baby. I'm here. Do you remember what happened?"

I move my head to get a better look at the man in front of him. "I heard a pop and pop. Then the car started to spinning and flipping over."

The images flash in my head and I close my eyes trying to get rid of the image. The machine I'm hooked to starts beep louder.

He holds my hand. "You need to calm down, Jaycee. When we get to the hospital the doctor's will look after you. I told my Dad I'm going to marry you. He brushes my brown locks out of my face.

My eyes open wide at his statement. I squeeze his hand and whisper. "I love you." My eyes close as I die.

***

I wake up as I am wheeled to the OR. I hear someone say. "She's awake." I watch as the door is pushed opened and the bed stops next to the other bed and I pulled onto the surgical table.

A mask is placed over my face. My eyes flutter shut.

I can feel the scalpel press into my skin.

Ow, that hurts. Look at me I'm awake. Please, someone look at me.

A guy walks into the room. "Sorry, I'm late Doctor Dean. Where do you need me?"

"Stand on the other side of the table while I check her over."

I can feel the tears fall from my eyes.

Someone says. "Sir, she's awake."

"She can't be awake. I gave her the right amount of anaesthesia."

"Sir, she has anaesthesia awareness. We need to knock her out again."

The doctor ignores him as he cuts into my skin.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

I feel pain throughout my body.

Stop, please, stop. It hurts.

I hear the heart machine go beep. Before, I see nothing but darkness.

***

I feel someone kiss my face. Someone whispers, "I love you, Jaycee Anna Lance. I'm not going to leave your side and I hope you want to stay with me until we're both old and have Great Great Grandbabies running around the place. If I had it my way I would like to live forever with you by my side."

Aw, he's so sweet. I want to wake up and see him.

I move my hand inside his.

I want to open my eyes.

I turn my head to the side the voice was coming from. I blink my eyes a couple of time. I faintly whisper. "Lights."

Zeke runs over to the lights and he switches them off. He presses the button for the doctor.

I look at Zeke and I smile weakly. "Hi, Zeke."

I can't believe he's all mine.

His face lightens up and he has a huge grin on his face. He throw himself into my arms and I place my hand on his face. "Hey, Jaycee."

I lean closer to him and I feel the warmth coming from him. "Kiss me."

Zeke puts his hands into my hair and he kisses me. The kiss is soft at first and then it becomes demanding as he wants entrance into my mouth.

I gasp when he squeezes my arse and he uses that to his advantage and slips his tongue into my mouth. I moan into his mouth.

Someone clears there throat and I turn to see my mother sitting in the chair. She smiles. "I'm glad you're awake, Sweetheart."

I look at my leg. "How am I supposed to marry you with this stupid cast on my leg?" I pout.

Zeke stands to the bed. "You'll be in a wheelchair. This wedding is to just seal a deal between our parents. We're going to get married another time where you'll be able to walk on your own. Maybe, we could have a little on in your stomach.

I might be pregnant from the two nights we spent together because I had the flu a couple days before and I read yesterday that contraception will be useless.

I have tears in my eyes as I look at him.

Zeke touches my hand. "What's wrong? Whatever it is we can work through it."

I blink the tears away. "I was sick during the week and I just found out that the contraception pill may become useless. I'm sorry."

He pulls me into his arms. "It's too early to find out if you're pregnant. But, if you are we will deal with it together. I want you to know that if you are you've made me the happiest man on earth and I wouldn't take back the time I've spent with you. I love you, Jaycee."

I'm never going to get sick of him saying that to me.

The Doctor walks into the room and he looks at me. "Hello, Jaycee. I'm Doctor Dean. I was the one that operated on you."

I squeeze Zeke's hand. "Get him out of here, please."

I feel tears falling down my face and I wipe at them angrily.

Zeke looks at the doctor. "Doctor Dean, you need to leave. Can you send in Doctor Collin's? She'll listen to him."

The doctor mutters. "Collin's isn't a Doctor he's a nuisance in the OR. He ignored my instructions."

I'm glad he wanted to save me.

The doctor leaves the room.

Zeke moves the chair over to the bed. "Why did you freak out when you saw him?"

I sigh. "I heard his voice and Doctor Collins they are arguing during the surgery." I turn to Zeke. "Is Doctor Collin's your brother?"

He nods. "My brother wanted to save your life because you are family. He told me if he loses this job it would be worth it to see his younger brother with the woman he loves."

I hear someone enter the room. "Damn right, I did. Hey, Jaycee I'm Cole Collins." He ruffles Zeke's hair. "This trouble maker's big brother."

He's cute. I can't believe he's still single.

I cross my arms. "Why didn't your parents marry off?"

He laughs. "My job is my wife. Besides, I don't have time to be tied down when I'm gone all the time. It wouldn't be fair to a woman."

Cole tells me that I woke up during surgery and how my heart stopped and he had to give me a shot of adrenaline to get my heart to beat again.

I hold onto Zeke's hand and then I cry.

***

Thanks you for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of A Wife for Christmas. I know this isn't the best chapter.