18

I look at my hand that are covered in something wet and sticky.

My sister falls in the ground clutching the wound on her stomach.

I move toward my sister and I hold her in my arms. "It was going to be either you or me that died today. I'm sorry it has to be you."

I have tears falling down my face.

She places a bloody hand on my face. "I forgive you, Jaycee. Tell everyone nice things about me at the funeral." She coughs up blood and closes her eyes.

I scream.

Zeke and the detectives enter the room.

Zeke runs over to me and takes me in his arms. He kisses my head. "Are you hurt?"

I shake my head. "I killed my sister." I cry. I look at the Detectives. "Are you going to arrest me?"

The detectives look at me. "We have to take you in to answer a few questions, before, we come to the conclusion of arresting you."

I look at the ground. "She killed my ex boyfriend and his fiancé."

I give them the address.

"I'll send some officers up to the house. I have to take you in now."

Zeke holds me up. "Does she have to go to the police station with you or can I drive her?"

"I have to take her. You follow behind us."

Zeke helps me up the stairs and to the police car.

I feel like I'm on autopilot. Doing everything everyone wants me to do. I don't have it in me to argue with them.

I climb into the backseat.

I've never been in the back of a police car.

The detective climbs into the car and drives me to the police station.

At the station the detective take me through the back door. He opens the door for me and I step inside the building.

The detective leads me to a room. He opens the door for me and I step into the room.

There's camera on the wall, a two way mirror and a brown table with four chairs.

He looks at me. "Would you please take a seat."

I sit in the chair and look at the table. I hear the chair across from me scrap against the ground.

"Can you tell me what happened, after you knocked me out."

I giggle. "Am I in trouble for doing that to you?"

He shakes his head. "I don't care that you did that to me. Normally, I would arrest you for that kind of treatment, but, I know you did to keep me from knowing where you were going."

I nod. "I'll tell you what happened. I hiked to that cabin you told me about. I Hot-wired the car and drive to my ex's cabin. When I got there I was alone. I fell asleep and then I heard my ex's voice and his girlfriends. When the light flipped in I came face to face with my ex. I spoke with him for five minutes until my sister walked into the house. She shot my ex and his girlfriend. Something hit the back of my head and then I blacked out." I look around he room and start to freak. "Why didn't you take me to the hospital? I'm pregnant. What if me blacking out has killed my baby."

My breathing becomes erratic.

I can't breathe properly.

I start to see spots in my vision.