Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Layla's POV

Hello, my name is Layla Summers, I am 19 years old. I have light brown hair that goes down to my breasts and green eyes.

I live in London with my mum called Samantha Summers and my dad Carlos Antonio.

I am the only child, I always wished that I had siblings to talk to but that wish has to be on hold. I have taken on my mums hair colour and my dads beautiful green eyes.

Right now, I am in the car with my parents and we are heading to our cousins house, who are doing a get together dinner for all the family.

To be honest with you, I am dreading to go there. I always get bullied and pushed around, I don't even know why. I always love to make people smile, it made me happy but I guess some people don't like it.

I was in my own little world, I didn't hear my mum talking, "honey, are you listening to me?"

I quickly composed my self "oh sorry mum, what was it that you were saying," smiling brightly to my mum. I loved my mum to pieces, I always tend to tell her everything but not about the bullying because I never want to see a frown on her beautiful face.

My mum smiled in return "as I was saying honey, your cousin from America, Xavier, will also come to the family dinner. It's been a very long time since I saw him, so you might want to show him around."

no no no, this can't be happening. Xavier is my number one bully, he started all this. I don't why he hates me so much that he despises me and made all of my cousins, the people I loved the most and laugh with, turn on me. I never done no harm to anyone especially to him, I can't even harm a single fly.

I plastered a fake smile on my face, "yes mum, I'll show him around, I can't wait to see him, it's been a long time."

I heard my dad chuckle and my mum smiled at me. My mum and dad love each other daily, they never had an argument ever, every time I see them, they always cuddle up to each other and kiss like their lives depends on it.

I wished and dreamt that I had a man which could love me like my mum and dad do.

However, in London there's been a telling that there are vicious assassins that kill at night. I have always been frightened of the thought of innocent people being killed and tortured to death, it makes my stomach churn in a bad way.

Anyways, I saw my cousins house come into view, their house is much bigger than mine, as we all go there for different celebration events, such as birthdays, Christmas and so on.

I carefully got out the car door and gently slammed it, I sorted out my cream sundress out, and fixed my flower head band that is placed on my head. I don't wear make up as I find it very uncomfortable, I just applied a light pink lip gloss.

The weather today is very sunny, so that is a bonus but at night it gets very cold and windy. My dad grabbed my mums waist and kissed her cheek, she blushed and hit his chest playfully "don't do that sweetie, Layla is right behind us." My mum whispered.

Let me tell you this, when ever my mum whispers its loud enough for me or anyone to hear. I put my hand on my mouth to quiet down my giggles.

My dad huskily said in her ear "Samantha baby, Ill do this all night if you want."

My mum blushed and covered her cheek in embarrassment, I adore their love that they have for each other, if only if I had a handsome man that can do that to me.

I sighed and followed my parents which were on the doorstep ringing the bell. I took deep breaths to calm down my nerves, I whispered to myself mentally, "please don't be any of my cousins that open the door" repeated again and again in my head.

I guess my luck was not on my side today, the door opened and revealed my cousin, Annabelle. she's 19 the same age as me.

she opened the door widely letting us in, when her eyes met my parents she smiled "hello uncle Carlos and aunt Samantha, I'm so glad your here."

My dad deep voice replied back "its nice to meet you too Annabelle."

"come on in guys" she let us in, my parents went in to the living room and suddenly a fist came flying towards my stomach. I didn't have any time to react and I felt the impact.

I crouched down and held on to my stomach, trying my best to reduce the pain.

Annabelle crouched down to my level and sneered "you better watch out bitch and I really feel sorry for your parents. Who wants an ugly child as their daughter."

Silent tears fell out of my eyes, the pain was getting unbearable, Annabelle grabbed a fistful of my hair and yanked it back, I hissed in pain, trying to claw her hand to let go of my hair.

"you better watch your back" and walked off.

No one was in the hallway, I can hear them in the living room, chatting away and laughing with each other. I feel like I'm the odd one out, an abandoned girl that no one wants to talk with.

I got up very slowly, but each time I took a breather, my stomach quenched in pain.

Eventually I stood up and sorted out my hair and my dress and walked ever so slowly towards the room.

I saw my aunts and uncles talking with my parents and a bunch of my cousins sitting in a circle and talking about something.

Once I was further in the room, my uncle shouted out to me "there's my favourite niece, give your old man a bear hug."

I put a smile on my face and walked towards my uncle, once I was in arm reach, he grabbed my tiny arms and pulled me against his chest.

He squeezed my stomach which I mumbled in pain, he didn't even notice my quite wimpers as he was squeezing the living day lights out of me.

I felt all eyes on me and my uncle, my uncle put me down and patted my head, I smiled brightly at him. "I missed you uncle Danny," kissing his cheek, I heard his chuckles, "I missed you to my dear."

My uncle said "go on and meet your cousins," I nodded and turned my body towards them. I gulped when I saw their angry glares that were headed in my direction, I almost cried in fear of what they were going to do to me.

I walked to an empty seat and lowered my gaze, soon I hear voices and immediately let out a shaky breath. I held my stomach protectively and was rubbing it so it can sooth the pain.

"We meet again Layla" a masculine voice said that made me sick to my stomach.

I looked up and saw the last person I ever wanted to meet "Xavier?" I whispered, he smirked at me, loving the fear that is radiating off me.