Chapter 16

Xavier's pov

My body felt like it was on fire and the flames burning every part of my body making my skin roar in pain. I hissed in discomfort and squinted my eyes to the light bulb above me causing a harsh pain within my eyes, making me blink constantly in order to reduce the pain and try to familiarize myself with the surrounding.

My head rolled side to side in dizziness, trying my best to stay still and see where I was. My mind was in complete numbness as I can't remember what happened and why I am here.

My dizziness was slowly vanishing away and my eyes swayed the area in urgency to try to locate where I am..my eyes widen in fear as I was in a cell, the smell of blood making me feel sick, I can hear distant screams and cries of men and clanking of mental.. chains? the only light resonating this particular room was a blub.

My heart pulsating against my skin, beating faster and faster every second. lifting my hand but slammed back down? looking down carefully I saw that I was chained, trailing the length of the chain, it was attached to the stone wall.

My body was tied to various of tools and I noticed that the way I was tied up was like a display? the fear striking within me. I couldn't help but cry out in pain however my sounds was muffled by tape on my mouth.

My whole body felt heavy, I could feel a metal object around my neck, nearly cutting off my air supply but tight enough to make me realise the danger and reality im in.

suddenly a bang echoned in the cell, I flinched at that sudden noice but made no sound as I was paralysed with shock and fear, I was shaking and was glad that I was sitting on a chair rather than the floor or I would have collapsed by now or tumbled over several times.

I was in my own thoughts that I didn't even hear couple of loud foot steps coming towards me and near the cell that I am in. but a growl ripped away my thoughts and in the present.

I looked up and gasped, it was the beast... the assassin.

Layla's pov

Hiding behind the tree when i saw my tormenter xavier. I closed my eyes tight, the fear radiating off me as i am to scared to look at him... terrified as the flashing images of what he has done to me rapidly races in my mind.

I saw Archer's posture go stiff, tense but his body trembling in anger. He could sense my fear, the pain I had to silently endure through them awful years. He could sense every aspect of my emotions.

My skin going cold, my hands shaking and the paleness slithering its way to my face. Quickly turning around and breathing heavily against the rough tree bark. The vibration of my ears were so loud that I couldn't hear a single word, but a faint call "layla..." was whispered.

Reaching my head with my hands and softly easing the tension on my temples, my eyes constantly blinking, the dizziness was so overpowering, felt like someone was possessing me.

Strong arms wrapped themselves around my body, their hands on my lower back and waist, forehead connected to my own. The soft touch of their skin, almost pleading.
Harsh whimpers released out my mouth without control.

"little one open those eyes" a demanding harsh voice uttered in the cold quiet night.

Hearing that tone of voice, my eyes softly opened, connecting to a dark abyss of nothingness, immediately I knew it was fenris speaking, as I can faintly hear the constant growling and purring, but my ears were picking sounds up very faintly.

Fenris nuzzled his nose in my neck, my breathing still jaggered, "I need you to calm down, do you understand? We are here, nothing is going to happen to you, I would not let it," a snarl left his lips.