Chapter 9

Samantha summers (Layla's mother)

Its been a few days since my angel has been missing, all I could do was cry and sit down in my rocking chair which was next to the window. Looking and searching for any signs of my baby girl coming home.

A tear fell down my face as I thought of different possibilities that could have happened to Layla.

Suddenly a hand wiped my tears and kissed my lips and forehead, it was my husband.

"shhh my love, we will find her soon" Carlos tried to encourage my faith in Layla's coming.

I know it affects him too, he is trying to remain strong for me.

I shook my head side to side " I can't...I can't...my darling, I want my daughter in my arms" I sobbed out loud.

I was picked up and was taken to mine and my husbands bedroom, he gently layed me on the bed and tucked me in. I couldn't go asleep...no I can't.

"no, no sleep, Layla, I need to wait" I rushed out in frantic, my baby, I started to panic and breathed heavily.

"my love, look at me right now" my husband growled out.

I slowly looked up at him with my teary eyes, "please.." I begged to my husband, "I need her here, please bring her to me" I cried out.

"listen love, I'm upset too baby, I go out every morning to see if there is any traces to Layla's disappearance. We don't know what's happened to layla and who has her." he softly caressed my cheeks with his fingers whilst directly looking at me with his eyes.

"I love her so much my love, my little baby girl is somewhere out this cruel world and I will risk anything to get her back, in our arms." I put my head in his neck, wanting relief from this pain, it hurts so badly, I don't have the strength and hope to fight back.

"we must remain strong Samantha, for our daughter, can you do that?" he asked.

I nodded, he is right, I should remain strong.

I heard my husband sigh, I couldn't help but ask "what's wrong dear?" i moved my hands on his cheeks and pecked his lips.

"I have an idea, but we have no choice baby," he kneeled in front of me and grabbed my hands in his big palms and kissed my knuckles softly.

"what is it? please tell me my love," getting impatient in waiting, its starting to frighten me.

He sighed again "we need to meet with the assassin," once he said that, my eyes went wide in shock, I abruptly stood up. I shook in fear and stuttered "No no no they are d dangerous d do y you understand t that they are v very ruthless."

My husband stood up "baby I know you are scared but we need to do this, we need to talk to him. With his help we can find our baby girl." he said in desperation.

"but Carlos he will want something in return," I said to him softly, its making a deal with the devil, its just not safe.

Carlos walked towards me "I don't care, as long as we have our angel back, I'm willing to take the risk" my husband said in determination.

I sighed knowing that he is right and also I am willing to take the risk to get my daughter back, I need my baby.

"okay, so what do we need to do?" I asked in curiosity.

my husband wrapped his muscly arms around me, kissed my lips "we will go to the forest which is near our relatives house, the place where our angel has been taken."

I cuddled closer to his chest as my heart beated in pain "okay, when do we go?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

Carlos kissed my nose, putting his forehead to mine and whispered "tonight."