Chapter 15

Layla's pov

Standing amoung the trees and the cold breeze skimming around my body, begging for a reaction. The night was so peaceful but yet terrifying, however, knowing that the assassin I love is following my every move and shadow to make sure I am safe and away from harm, comforts me.

Before we came here in the enchanting forest, Archer told me to get ready, well..... He actually got me ready. I have started to learn more and more about Archer as the days pass by.

His aura penetrating dominance to everyone showing who is boss, he is very demanding and lets say possessive also, which I do find adorable and cute but sometimes irritating as I want my own personal space too, but its like every time I'm away from him, the intense and severe pain I feel in my heart making me double over in pain because of our distance and being far from each other is overbearing for me to handle.

I don't like to be away from him, it likes I want to do everything with him or else there is no purpose. Overall I don't want to change anything about him, I just love the way he is.

Right now, i was twirling with the help of the tree bark, and trying to locate the hidden creatures that are lurking in the night, I was so intrigued when archer told me this, i cant help but squeal in delight and curiosity.

I do have a passion for animals, I always had an immense love for them and when ever I would encounter one, all I want to do is express my love. I just want to keep them all, but papa doesn't really like animals, he gets erm well.... I don't know... Frightened I guess.

I remember when papa took me to see farm animals because mama will always tell him to take me one day as I did not stop talking about farm animals every minute, every hour and day.

When papa and I were petting a goat, the goat was very agitated towards papa and chased him around the field, there was no where to go so papa had to jump over the gate and when he did that, his pants torn because of the sharp edges on the wooden gate. His boxers was on display for everyone to see and ever since that particular encounter with an animal, he sworn to never touch one or even look at one ever again.

I couldn't help but giggle at this childhood memory, its these special and funny moments that never left my heart and mind, I adore my father and mother so much that it hurts.

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didnt realise a pair of bulky arms circling around my waist and pulling me back against a solid chest. When I was about to turn around to see who has put me in such a tight but yet gentle lock, the mystery person spoke and that's when I knew it was none other than archer.

"Little one, stay by myside, dont wonder off." His raspy voice said to me, whilst nuzzling his nose on the lobe of my ears and gently nipping at it making me shiver, not because of the cold but the feelings i get within my stomach whenever he touches me in a certain way, causing heat pooling below, making my cheeks burn.

Slowly turning around and placing my palm on his large and defined biceps. I timidly glanced up at Archer and whispered "im not going far Archer, i was just searching for those hidden animals that you were telling me about, I'm really excited about hunting with you." Smiling brightly at him. However, he surprised me by chuckling, i tilted my head in confusion and wondered Why is he laughing?

"Little gem, so sweet and innocent, such a purity in my life, I cant help but devour you" stroking my cheeks and smirking. "So that is why im seeing you skipping and running around with your little feet in excitement because of creatures lurking in the dark?"

He suddenly leaned down towards my lips and gave me a hard and passionate kiss, gently gripping my hair in his hands, deepening our kiss further, pulling back, gasping for oxygen. Archer was looking at me with his lustful eyes wanting more, shying away and biting my lips softly in anxiousness.