Chapter 10

Layla's pov

As i woke up from my sleep, i turned over to see that the bed space was empty and cold.

"he said he would be here" i frowned, whispering to myself.

I gently got off the comfy matress and sorted out the blanket as there were creases that were formed.

Once i did that, my bare feet padded softly on the hard wooden floor and opened the bedroom door. I saw 2 assassin guards standing at the side, in an intimidaing manner but their gaze soften when they looked at me.

They bowed, one of the guard who had short black hair and a scar on his left eye spoke " my queen, we are your guards, king archer is not here right now, he has gone for hunting. Would you like anything?" The tone of his voice was serious but yet gentle.

I timidly looked up at him, "thank you for telling me. I would like to go to the kitchen please. If you dont mind?"

Both of the guards looked at each other and nodded, "of course my queen."

"Follow me" the other guard spoke up behind me, making me jump in surprise, but never the less, nodded and obdiently followed.

I gently walked down the spiral stair case whilst looking at the interior design, it still makes me gasp in awe.

Soon we arrived at the kitchen, the guards were standing outside, guarding the door in order to not let tresspassers through or someone who can potentially harm me.

I carefully put some cold water in the kettle and pressed the button down so that the water can heat.

I dont know what is happening to me but i dont want archer away from me for that long. I crave for his touch, i crave for his arms going around me. It puts me at peace and it feels like his arms hide me from this cruel world.

I sighed out loud and started to prepare my tea. Once i finished i went to the guards and asked "am i allowed to go to archer's office? I would like to read at the libary." I shyly said.

The guard nodded and led the way to the office. They opened the door and closed it slowly when i completely entered the room.

I carefully picked up my night gown dress and carried my tea in the other hand whilst walking up the spiral stair case carefully.

I sat on the chair which has fluffy pillows on it, it looks utterely inviting to cuddle on.

I looked around for my book that i left that day and saw it opened on the table next to me. It was on the page where i was currently reading.

Carefully, putting the cup on the table i gently grabbed my book in a delicate manner and snuggled up. I sigh in content.

Archer's pov

Walking back to the house through the dark woods with the 2 couples following behind us.

That woman i thought, looks familiar and the man looked familiar also. I think back on what that woman was saying early about her daughter missing.

I remembered when i rescued my little gem in the woods. Could they be her parents?

They will still be staying in the guest room under my guards supervision. I do not trust these people.

I turn my head back to see the man cuddling his wife to his chest, whispering sweet things to her.

Seeing that action, made my heart ache for layla. My beast purred in delight, knowing the beauty is safe in our house in our bed.

Few minutes later, we arrived at my house "put them in the room where i assigned them to be in" i growled in frustration, as they are wasting my time. I could have been with my little one right now.