Help from a friendly neighborhood scientist

Phage,the yellow symbiote, swung into the main area landing in the entrance. "We have company guys."
"Who is it?" Riot growled walking over to him.
"The Spider. He must have followed Venom and Carnage." Phage hissed looking at his oldest sibling and father.
"We'll take care of him." Venom quickly responded
Carnage laughing "We? I'll take care of him!" He quickly swung out of the sewers with Venom quickly following.
Looking at the newly named Phase, Toxin took a piece of her new skin and left before Hybrid could say anything about it.

In the city Toxin stayed well hidden inside of Patrick. "I wonder what could be wrong with her."
"A scientist probably got to her." Toxin hissed controlling his rage of wanting to kill every scientist so none would be able to hurt his family or Phase.
"Stay calm Toxin. After we figure out what is wrong with Phase and how to fix it, I'll take you out of the city so you can release your anger." Patrick mumbled as he walked into a building. Feeling Toxin restlessness to figure out what was wrong along with his sadness and anger Patrick moved a bit quicker to the person's office that he needed. He could feel Toxin's anger rise as he thought about what happened when Hybrid tried to keep Toxin away from the new Phase.
"Hello Patrick, how may I help you?" Dr. Connors spoke up as soon as Patrick opened the door.
"I have something interesting for you to look at, Dr. Connors." Patrick walks in taking a test tube that had Phase's 'new' skin in it.
"Oh? What is that?"
"I think you know what it is Doc." Patrick handed the tube to Connors and he examined it.
"Yes, but I've never seen a symbiote like this." Connors paused "It's so inactive. Not even an audible hiss or growl."
"It's a piece of the only surviving symbiote that we know of from the experiments all those years ago."
"One of them survived?!" Connors eyes widened and paused "It can't be alive! They never were evolved enough to survive the fusion and live slowly along with it's host. Symbiote's naturally go through their hosts and take their nutritions and vitamins to survive. It would kill a child let alone a baby. I was hoping they all would be long gone."
"Now that's just an insult." Toxin growl starting to appear on Patrick, who let it happen.
Connors, who calmly panicked, reached for a syringe that was in a drawer. "I'm sorry Patrick." He said not looking away from the Officer. "I know Toxin was also made during those experiments and he never shown a bad trait. Without you or Spiderman he could as well of ended up like Carnage and Venom." He paused as he noticed Patrick growling once he grabbed the syringe out of the drawer. Slowly putting it back in and closing the drawer, he watched as Patrick calmed down. "It's a new symbiote. It could have any kinds of powers. Like Toxin is able to hide better within your blood streams then Venom or Carnage, he can't be tracked by Venom or Carnage, immune to Spider-Man's senses and he basically is the top tracker out of all of the symbiotes. Scorn was able to hide undetected in a prosthetic arm without a host for 3 weeks. Payback is immune to fire. The more we see of symbiotes the more advanced and evolved they get." Connor pauses and looks at the new symbiote in his hand and signs not wanting to anger Toxin or Patrick more. "So do we know what is wrong with it?"
"That's actually what we want to know... and how to fix it." Toxin's and Patrick's voiced mixed as Toxin retreated back into him.
"We?"
"Me and Toxin." Patrick's voice was back to normal and Connor waited for an explaination. "He seemed to of grown some sort of relationship toward it."
"Where's the host?" Connor's asked quickly "By the way it just looked it needs a host to survive off of."
"She is with the others. The one she was spawned from, Riot, found her. From what we can tell, no human without a symbiote is going to see her. The other seem to of gone into a protection mode when she arrived."
Sighing, Connors got up and grabbed a book off of a shelf. "From what I have gathered over the years, it shows them to live like a pack of wolves or a pride of lions. Naturally, they stay together, but some do wander off like Scorn, Payback, Venom, and Carnage." He flips through the pages "I never seen them around an offspring before... Well a new one. They maybe protecting it because it's a newly found offspring." He took a piece of the symbiote and looked at it under a microscope. "Perhaps not. When Toxin first showed himself, both Venom and Carnage went after him to kill him."
"Will you see what's wrong with it?" Patrick asked
Looking up, Connors sighed "I'll try my best, but it might take me awhile to figure out what it is against what it's weak to."
"Thanks Dr. Connors."
"I would prefer the host here so I know the full extent of trying to help it. Right now I'm just hoping him not fixing something that will turn out like Carnage or Venom." With Connors last words, Patrick leaves the building wanting to relief the anger that Toxin has built up inside of him.