Ice

Connors POV

Looking at this symbiote with a normal eye it looks still and dead. Although with a keen eye, one could tell that it was rippling slowing as if it was trying to stay alive, but holding into a thread that's only keeping it alive. I walked over to my desk and unlocked a drawer and pulled out a book I had wrote in about the Venom symbiote and the others I have knowledge of. I read over everything making sure everything in it was fresh in my mind. Placing it down, I decided to look at the 'Phase' symbiote under the microscope again.
The temperature of this symbiote and the Venom symbiote are completely different. This one is way too hot. It's hotter then the human body. Looking at it carefully, I noticed that there were two unusual things about it. There was a chemical and some kind of metal compound in it. Maybe that is what is causing the high temperature.
I went to the sink in my lab and got two cups of water. A hot one and a cold one. Placing the symbiote in between them, I watched as it swayed trying to decided which one to go to, as if one one poisoned and the other one wasn't. It swayed for almost a minute until it got a bit too close to the hot cup. Unlike the entire time I've seen it, it jumped away, quickly crawling toward the other cup. Feeling it's coolness, I watched it crawl up the side of the cup slowly. I watched it as it turned and twisted trying to get every part of it wet and cool. As it got into the water it slowly sunk to the bottom. The water rippled and the symbiote vibrated and spread itself along the bottom of the cup. I walked over and grabbed an ice cube and I placed it into the water. The symbiote slowly stalked up the side of the cup to inspect the new item in the water. It reached out and felt the ice cube and wrapped around it. Taking tweezers I picked the symbiote wrapped ice cube out of the water and the ice cube quickly melted the small piece of symbiote launched itself back into the cool water. Sinking to the bottom it desperately twisted and turned itself inside out again and again to get cool.