Being good comes at a price

Spidey's POV

Damn. What in the world do they have down there that most of the symbiotes around New York want to protect? I have to get down there and see. First, I have to lose Carnage and Venom.

It's been nearly an hour since I last saw the symbiotes that started this whole thing. I'll just go through the closest man hole and navigate my way through the sewers. Hopefully I won't encounter any symbiotes.
I enter the sewers and decide to stay on the ceiling and slowly move towards were I think they would be keeping what ever it is they are protecting. I notice in the distance two figures, but my spider senses only picked up on one. I slowly crawled closer to get a better sense of what they were saying.
"We're sorry, we don't know of a better way to help you Phase." A male symbiote spoke.
Phase? I never heard of that name before...
"It's ok dad. No one expected this." A young woman's voice answered
Dad?! What is going on here?! I move closer and I could make out Riot, Venom's second most violent spawn, next to a half transformed symbiote host. Wait a second! That looks like the girl I saved from him years ago. Shit, I need to hide better before they both sense me and decide to attack.
"It's that 'nurse's' fault." Riot growled quietly "He's the one who did this to you." He paced as if to control his anger.
"Dad..." Phase, the girl, had moved her symbiote covered arm and either her or the symbiote let out a pained noise and Riot quickly went over to her and dabbed her with some sort of wet cloth.
What is happening? Is she dying? I don't think she's sick, although with the symbiote like that it may be possible. Maybe something is wrong with the symbiote?
As Riot dabbed the cloth on her arm and symbiote covered side, Phase or Rachel or that girl I saved, her pained noises seem to of quieted down.
Soon there was footsteps approving them and I quickly looked and saw Toxin walking in.
"How is she, Riot?" Toxin started What is Toxin doing down here? I trained him to use his powers for good not to help the bad guys.
"Still in pain." Riot answered as he noticed that Phase and Rachel had fallen asleep. He place the cloth into a bucket and he walked over to Toxin. "What did you find out?"
"My friend said that there is obviously some kind of chemical in her that does not belong there." Toxin started
Riot growled deeply "Then how do you explain-"
"Due to the present chemical, he thinks, it is the reason why her temperature is so hot. It's just adding on heat to the amount her host is already producing." As Toxin spoke Riot stared at Rachel and Phase and whined knowing what was going to be said next. "He said if we don't bring down her temperature... She'll die. Both her and her host."
Symbiotes can't stand intense heat and what's happening to Phase and Rachel is only killing both of them.
"The water down here isn't doing much for her!" Riot whined and he quickly went over to Rachel and Phase and held her hand. He nudged her with his head sadly as if he was trying to wake her up.
"We must find some other way to cool her down." Toxin said taking a step closer, but no more like he wanted to give Riot his space.
I stay still watching the silent symbiotes. Should I help them? Should I help a symbiote only for it to grow up and cause damage and wreak havoc on New York? Arguing with myself I decided that Rachel didn't deserve to suffer like this. It was my job to help people. Dropping down to the ground, Riot snapped his head up and growled deeply.
"Spiderman!?" He quickly gets in between me and Rachel/Phase.
"I'm not here to fight you Riot. I'm not here to fight with any of you." I quickly say and Riot stays still, hopefully listening to me. "I'm her to help Rachel."
"Why do you want to help us?" Riot hissed darkly "What can you do for her that we can't?" He sounded disgusted but at least he's willing to listening.
"I can get her somewhere where she can cool down. It's a place that's protected and safe." I slowly explain to him and stay where I am.
"Never!" He growls. "You'll just take her and hand her over to those scientists."
"No, Riot. I promise. She'll be completely safe" I pause trying to think quickly. "If she doesn't come with me, she'll die down here. Both of them. You don't want that, I can tell." I mentally hit myself. Way to go Peter, play the guilt trip on the 2nd most violent symbiote you know.
"Fine." Riot growls and as soon as I go to speak Riot starts taking again. "But I have to go with her." Really?! You see Peter this is what you get for doing a guilt trip on him. He could probably sense that it was a guilt trip too!
"Riot, you can't go out there." I try to think of an excuse quickly. "You'll attract attention from the police to all of us." Another way to go Peter point out the obvious.
"Either we both go, or we both stay." Riot hissed
I try to think of a better reason to get him to stay, but I look at Rachel and Phase and remember that they didn't have long. "Fine. But you have to be your host, you can not be in symbiote form."
Snarling Riot went over to Rachel and Phase. "Alright." He picked her up, having her symbiote skin against him and he turn into his host, Trevor Cole. I'll have to be careful since Riot is Venom's 2nd most violent spawn, Phase may be the same way hopefully not worse. "Lead the way then Parker."
What did I get myself into?