A worried father

In the sewers, Phase woke up completely hot like the worst fever she had. Starting to sit up, she gets dizzy quickly and she feels hands on her.
"Don't move too quickly." Riot spoke up as he sat next to her. "How do you feel?"
Phase whines when she moved her right arm. "My entire right side burns." Her right eye is clouded as the symbiote only covered it partially, the right side of her mouth twisting to match the lining of the left side as her symbiote teeth  small and sharp started to show. Riot left her for a bit and came back with a bucket of cold water and a clean rag. Softly sapping the icy cold water on her new skin, Riot heard her hum in relief, but growl softly.
"Does this hurt?" Riot asked worried not knowing if he should continue.
"It feels nice... and cooling, but the cloth stings." She whines and Riot pulls the bucket of water closer to her and moves her arm and places her hand inside the icy water. She hissed as he moved her arm, but quickly turned into a hum in her short relief. After having her hand in the water, her arm burned  hotter then it did before. She slowly pulled it out of the water as the burning returned to her hand causing her more pain.
Riot went back to dabbing her. "I'm sorry. I never meant for this to happen Phase."
"Phase?" She turned her head to him only to get a blurry outline.
"Yes, that is your new name. You're one of us now." She blinked her eyes trying to get a clearer look at the man who was talk to her. She gasped when she noticed that it was Riot, her hero. He gently took both of her hands and held them side by side. "You both are showing. That's what is causing you pain." He said softly and heart-broken
"We knew we should have never trusted that nurse with the vaccination." Phase painfully explained
"What was that?" Riot asked curiously hiding his anger
"He must have given us something else." Phase continued and Riot tried his best to break into an outrage and hunt down that "nurse."