Chapter Six

Francesca rose tiredly from her bed …unable to sleep due to recurring dreams of Angelo. She showered and dressed and headed to work early. Now sitting at her desk with a cup of Colombian blend no cream extra sugar, she still could not concentrate because thoughts of Angelo kept invading both her conscious and unconscious thoughts. Taking a sip of the  hot brew she turned looking out thinking about last night with Angelo and that mind blowing kiss he gave her at the bar.and the fact that everyone there now thought he was her boyfriend, her head  was spinning with indecent thoughts of the two of them doing things that would make a blind man blush.

 The sudden  vibaration of her cell phone startled her as a dark drop missed her lip falling to her lapel of her gray blouse cursing she looked down at her cell  instantly recognized her dads number and answering. “Hey daddy!”

“Francesca, who were you kissing in the middle of Larry’s bar last night?”

Francesca knew it would get back to her parents but she didn’t think it would happen this soon. Even before her mother made it into work… She could just imagine her father’s face now all beet red and angry ready to kill someone ...her dad was very protective he had eyes everywhere…informing him of her where abouts and business.

“Daddy it’s not that deep.”

“Francescas Moretti it is deep for me. I wanna know what man’s lips were on my daughter in Larry’s Bar.”

“Daddy you can not be serious I’m twenty eight.”

“We do have a problem.”

“Fine Daddy, he’s a client of French Maid”

“What clients do you go around kissing Francesca , baby girl chose your words wisely because I can end up killing someone.” When her father’s

“He’s mommy’s friend’s son.”She said quickly.

Pause

“Your mom is playing match maker again.

I’ve told your mother about that before ,and it still doesn’t explain why you were kissing this guy. I wanna meet this guy.”

“Daddy.”

“Francesca I’ll meet him the nice way, or my way, you choice baby.”

Angelo was getting ready to leave for his business luncheon when the voice came through the intercom . “Mr Binochi you have a call from a Ms. Moretti.”

“Put it through.”

“Hello Francesca.”

“Angelo, I need a favor.”

“Anything for you…”

“My dad wants to meet you..”

Angelo laughed out loud..”Why would your dad want to meet me?”

“Because he knows you kissed me.”

“How is that?”

“My dad has a lot of friends Angelo, he’s well known.”

“What is he CIA, Mafioso?” He laughed.

“Our family use to be involved in organized crime but not my dad…”

“Francesca who exactly is your dad.?”

“Salvatore Moretti .”

“Francesca your dad is the Chief of police?”

“Yeah …Would that be a problem?”